Robert Hoge

by Henry Bosse from New York City, New York in United States

Robert Hoge was born on July 21, 1972, in Australia and is now a writer telling more people about his childhood. Robert’s parents didn't want him when he was first born because they thought he was not going to live for long and he was so ugly and they thought people would pick on him if they did keep him, so then they asked their four kids to decide whether to keep Robert or not, and they all said yes, and so they went to the hospital, took him from the baby nursery and went home. They all got along as Robert and the rest grew up. He had surgery at age four and it helped how he looked a little, because in that surgery, they removed some bone and cartilage from his face and they shaped his head to look better. Another interesting moment was on a school trip and there was a talent show and he walked across the stage without his artificial legs on. One more is that when he was 4, his mom took him outside while he was wearing his artificial legs and he began to walk. When Robert was a teenager, he was told that there was a surgery that would make him look totally normal, and he said no because he didn't care what people thought of his look. Another interesting moment that stands out from Robert's adulthood is that he played on a bowling league with adults. One more is that he played a game called lawn bowl and he ended up to be great at it, so he played in a club with adults.

One obstacle Robert had to overcome was how he had a massive bump in his face that he got picked on for, but he was used to having it so he didn't care that people called him names while he got older and wiser. Another obstacle Robert faced was that he had to walk on his artificial legs, which is so much harder than walking with real legs. He was able to overcome standing on his artificial legs because when he was a baby, his legs were deformed so they had to cut them off, and they replaced them with artificial legs. He was brave enough to have so many surgeries and learn to do stuff with his artificial legs on. He was also brave for saying no to the big surgery that would make him look normal because he didn't care what people think about his looks, and in every surgery he always had a lot of pain. He was great at lawn bowl. In fact he was so great he was able to play in a league with adults. Robert Hoge he is still alive. He is an author who is making more of these books around the world. He is also 44 years old and still lives in Australia. He is single and visits his parents every once in a while.

133216Robert HogeABC