Rosa Parks

by Keiara from Banks, Ala.

Rosa Parks
Rosa Parks

Rosa Parks is an African American who changed lots of things. She is also my hero! She is an extraordinary woman who made it fair for blacks and whites to ride on the same bus together.

She was born in Tuskegee, Alabama, and she worked as a seamstress in Montgomery, Alabama. She was involved with the bus boycott and the Montgomery Improvement Association. Ms. Parks died last year in 2005. She was 92 years of age when she died. She made it fair so that blacks and whites can ride the same bus with no confusion.

My hero makes me feel confident because of the things she did. She inspires me, because when I get older, I want to do something like she did.

Now if that had of been me who did what Rosa Parks did, I would probably be a hero to some people, too. I would probably be someone else’s inspiration.

Academy of Achievement - More information on Rosa
Scholastic - How Rosa faught for Civil Rights

Can you guess who the lady was who refused to give up her seat? I'm actually glad that she refused to give it up. She's my hero. My name is Keiara Jackson, and in this biography, I will tell you a lot more. Can you guess who it is? Yes, it's Rosa Parks!