Ruth Bader Ginsburg

by World Council from Southern Ontario, Canada

144193Ruth Bader Ginsburg

My passion:

"To make life a little better for people less fortunate than you, that's what I think a meaningful life is. One lives not just for onself but for one's community."

144194Ruth Bader GinsburgImage courtesy of World Council 

In my lifetime I was an attorney for women's rights and the second woman appointed to the high court - fighting for equality on the bench and off.  I was humbled and enjoyed the humor about my late-in-life fame,

like my rapper-inspired moniker, “the Notorious RBG”.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Notable Quotes:

“Fight for the things that you care about. But do it in a way that will lead others to join you.”

“Don't be distracted by emotions like anger, envy, resentment. These just zap energy and waste time."

"Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn't be that women are the exception."

“My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent."

“Reacting in anger or annoyance will not advance one’s ability to persuade.”

“When a thoughtless or unkind word is spoken, best tune out.”

“You can’t have it all, all at once.”

“Yet what greater defeat could we suffer than to come to resemble the forces we oppose in their disrespect for human dignity?”

“You can disagree without being disagreeable.”

“So often in life, things that you regard as an impediment turn out to be great, good fortune.”