Ryan Coogler

by Nathan Vera from Newark CA

132736Ryan CooglerPhoto by Gage Skidmore via Creative CommonsHave you ever seen any good directed films and wondered how they turned out so good, or wondered who directed them? Well one of the most famous directors I have seen so far is named Ryan Coogler. Ryan Coogler is a good director because he has made many famous films, came from nothing, and is very humble. These are reasons Ryan Coogler is a great director.

Ryan Coogler is a good director because he has directed many famous films. One film that was a huge hit was Fruitvale Station. ”Fruitvale Station grossed over $17 million worldwide after its theatrical run. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film received a score of 94% based on 195 reviews, with a critical consensus that reads, Passionate and powerfully acted...” (Wikipedia). Another big hit that Ryan directed was a movie called Creed. Creed was released on November 25, 2015 and was praised across the boards by critics. The movie was also in the run for top 10 movies of the year. Ryan Coogler has made many more films that were big hits and were in the run for top movies of the year. He is a great director because of this, and he also came from nothing to make himself something.

He is also very humble. Ryan Coogler is a very well-paid director, which means he can either be greedy and keep all the money for himself, or he can give some of it away to people, places or things that need it. What he did with his money was very humbling. One day Ryan Coogler showed up to a film directing school called Ghetto Film School (not a ghetto school) located in Los Angeles, California, and told them that Synchrony Bank was going to grant their school $50,000 through its Synchrony Families that Work charitable program, and he also surprised the students with Black Panther’s world premiere, which happened on January 19, 2018. Ryan Coogler is also very humble because he never forgot about where he first came from, which was Oakland, and people can say that Wakanda sort of gives you a background of Oakland. Some people can be humble, and some can forget everything and be greedy. This is what this makes people think that he is a great director.

Coogler has made many famous films, came up from nothing, and remained humble through it all. Ryan Coogler is a great director because of these reasons, and in the near future, he will come out with even more and better movies.

132738Ryan CooglerPhoto by Gage Skidmore via Creative Commonshttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Coogler

https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/director-ryan-coogler-surprises-young-filmmakers-grant-synchrony-bank/

https://yr.media/arts-culture/an-oaklanders-qa-with-ryan-coogler-black-panther-revolution-and-the-town/