Sadie Moncheski

by MaryJo Moncheski

My hero is Sadie Moncheski. She is a Golden Retriever. Sadie died in August 1997 at the age of 14. Sadie was my best friend for 9 years, well she still is. I was 9 years old when she died. I know this may sound corny,but I love my animals, and I believe that if your dog or pet pleases you and trys their best to do what you want them to do then you should return the favor. Sadie loved me, and I loved her.

When Sadie was a puppy, she used to chew everything. She had two litters of puppies in which the sire's name was Zack, he was a Golden Retriever as well. Sadie had her first litter of puppies when my parents weren't home. She had jumped up on their bed and delivered her litter. Unfortunately, one of the puppies died before my parents got home, but the others lived.

I do not know exactly when Sadie had her second litter,but I've seen the home video of their birth, and I know for a fact that Sadie was a great mother! In her second litter of puppies, Sadie gave birth to 12 puppies! They all lived,too! In fact some of those puppies live today. One of her puppies from the second litter, had the stomach of steel. He could eat anything! One time he ate glass, a light bulb, a screw, and a lot of other stuff!

When I was born Sadie was atleast 5 years old. I did everything with that dog. I took her for walks, played with her, brushed her, did obstacle courses with her (the ones I made), and did a lot of other stuff with her.

Sadie had been on many trips with us. She was part of our family. In 1989, Zack passed away of degenerative nerve diasese, which causes animals or people to loose control of their nerves. Since, Sadie didn't have a companion anymore, we didn't want her to get depressed, so we got another dog named Orrie, a Newfoundland who still lives to this day. Sadie soon became his friend,too. Along the way Sadie started developing fatty tumors...

Since Sadie was getting older the vet's couldn't remove them. Fatty tumors aren't canceress,but they are just bumps. When Sadie was 12, one of these tumors popped. We tried everything to try and heal the wound, but nothing worked. Some days it wouldn't bleed others it would. In the summer of 1997, we had to make a hard decision.

Two weeks before Sadie passed away, I got my first (own) puppy, named Hercules, a Jack Russell Terrier. In the years that Sadie was alive, she prepared me for when I got my first puppy. She taught me how to take care of him; from cleaning up her messes to training her, she was almost like a mother to me. It may sound silly to you all,but it doesn't to me.
The reason I chose Sadie, my dog, is because I loved her so much, I knew I could never return to her what she gave to me. She gave me so much that I will never be able to do anything that amounts to what she gave me. Sadie taught me to love animals, and how to take care of them. She got me ready for Hercules, and best of all, she was my friend. So, in memory of my beloved Sadie, who I miss dearly, this webpage is a tribute to....
**Sadie**
The Golden Dog

I want to remind you all, to love your pets, don't hate them or hurt them. Remember, treat them as if you would want to be treated. Thanks!

Powered by NopCommerce