Sam Steele

by Evynn MacPherson from Rancheview School

¨Men don't wear pistols in Canada.¨

I chose Sam Steele because he helped us by keeping bad people out of our country. My book is a biography and its 110 pages long. Sam Steele was My book was written in 2003. Sam Steele was the first and the best Mountie!

122049Sam Steele webEvynnSam Steele was born January 5, 1848. He grew up in Medonte Township and then in Ontario. His dad's name was Elmes Steele, Sam Steele's dad was born in Coleford, Gloucestershire, England in 1781 February 6 he died August 6, 1865 his brother and sister Anne Steele and Steele. John Steele he went to royal military college of Canada to become an RCMP and he trained to be a Mountie. In 1898 a guy entered Canada with a gun Sam saw him and said to him, ¨Men don't wear pistols in Canada, sir¨ and then the man said "I'm gonna shoot you if you don't let me cross". But Sam refused and said ¨You are not allowed into Canada if you have a gun¨. Sam did not have anybody that influenced him. Sam Steele did not have any dreams. Sam Steele also did not want any toys.

122046Sam Steele portraitEvynnSam Steele faced lots of challenges in his life like training to become an RCMP and trying to protect other people from bad people. Sam was able to overcome this stuff by helping more. Sam Steele is very good about exploring, keeping people safe and being brave as a Mountie. Sam Steele did not have any disabilities or weaknesses so Sam can do tons of exploring. Sam Steele did not have anything funny or sad to him. Sam Steele accomplished of being the best Mountie.

122047Sam Steele action pictureEvynnSam Steele surprised me because he was like fearless and wasn't scared of anything. If I were to ask Sam Steele three things i would ask him what is it like to be the world's first Mountie, what is it like to be fearless and to be able to explore and do all the stuff he can do. I would want to be Sam Steele's child because i could learn to become a Mountie like him and keep bad people out of Canada. I think Sam Steele book was very good, first, because the book was long and, second, because the person that wrote it put effort into writing and publishing it. The writer also put lots of detail. I learned that Sam Steele was the first Mountie and he was very selfless. Others might not like to read this book because it takes a long time to read. Others may like it because it teaches about Sam's life and what it was like. I am happy I chose Sam Steele because I might want to become a Mountie when I'm older. I think that Sam would be a very good role model.

Sam Steele Wikipedia - Sam Steele on Wikipedia
Sam Steele canadian Encyclopedia - Sam Steele on canadian Encyclopedia
Sam Steele Heritage minute - Sam Steele on Heritage minute
8 seminal events when Sam Steele was present - 8 seminal events when Sam Steele was present
more about Sam Steele - more about Sam Steele