SDG RESOURCE

Multimedia Resources Connected to SDG #16

Promote just, peaceful, and inclusive societies. 

SDG 16

Short Films

Frame by Frame [Trailer]

Producer: Mo Scarpelli, Alexandria Bombach

After decades of war and an oppressive Taliban regime, four Afghan photojournalists face the realities of building a free press in a country left to stand on its own -- reframing Afghanistan for the world and for themselves.

Honoring RON KOVIC (4:23)

Producer: Jeanne Meyers
Ron Kovic is an accomplished author, painter, and activist who has worked for world peace over the last 40 years.

Seeds Of Peace

By: Eric Kapenga
Since 1993, Seeds of Peace has set the standard in international peace-building by providing exceptional young people and educators from regions of conflict with an otherwise impossible opportunity to meet their historic enemies face-to-face at our International Camp in Maine.

Project Syria: An immersive Journalism Experience

Producer: Nonny de la Peña

Nearly one half of Syria’s 23 million people have been displaced in its civil war and no group has been as severely affected as children. Children make up more than half of the three million refugees living in camps or makeshift housing and some news reports indicate that children are actually being specifically targeted in the violence.

Defying Death in South Sudan

Producer: Francis Mead

Defying death in South Sudan. Featuring Humanitarian Hero Award Winner Ken Payumo.

The Equal Justice Initiative

Gabriel Diamond
Bryan Stevenson and Equal Justice Initiative litigate cases for the unjustly imprisoned and work to reform the justice system.

Blessed is the Peacemaker

By: Taqi Juba
Blessed is the Peacemaker is a short film developed by Wide Angle Youth Media's Mentoring Video Project.

Bullets to Books (Excerpt)

By: Andy Truschinski, Gail Prensky, Sean MacLaughlin
A film exploring The Jüdische Kulturbund Project and the critical importance of peace in South Sudan.

The Peace of Wild Things

By: Katy Wang
When despair for the world grows in me… ...I come into the peace of wild things. ~Wendell Barry

Playing For Change: Peace Through Music

By: Mark Johnson & Jonathan Walls
Playing for Change | Peace through Music

Stories

Bryan Stevenson

By: Arthur (Trey) Carlisle
Bryan Stevenson has been recognized across the globe for the work that he has done to address poverty and racial inequality.

Nelson Mandela

By: Jeff Trussell
Nelson Mandela was a peacemaker and a freedom hero.

Liu Xiaobo

By: Kevin from San Diego
Liu Xiaobo is a Nobel Prize winning human rights activist.

Womens Peace Movement of Liberia

By: Amanda Molinaro from Irvine

Story with Text and Audio so students can listen as they read along. Women's Peace Movement of Liberia stopped the violence through peaceful means. 

Desmond Tutu

By: Wendy Jewell from The MY HERO Project
Desmond Tutu worked to end apartheid in South Africa and encourages forgiveness.

Art

Mandela

By: Giordano Aita

Ron Kovic, 2014

By: Robert Shetterly

Mahatma Gandhi

By: Al Baraah Badar AL Zakwani

Granny Doris Haddock by Robert Shetterly, AWTT

By: Robert Shetterly
Peace and democracy activist Granny D Haddock by Robert Shetterly
Desmond Tutu

Organizer created on 4/18/2023 10:56:46 AM by Laura Nietzer

Last edited 7/5/2023 1:18:07 PM by Laura Nietzer