William Shakespeare

by William from Lawndale, Calif.

To be or not to be. That is the question." —Shakespeare

William Shakespeare is my hero. He did many things that have influenced today’s art and English literature. William wrote many plays, including "Romeo and Juliet." Some of his plays are still performed today. He wrote tragedies, comedies, and historical plays. He is the world’s most popular author. He knew about music, law, religion, the military, science, politics, the sea, history, hunting, woodcraft, sports and theater. William also wrote about the king, drunks, military generals, pickpockets, hired killers, thugs and philosophers.

He influenced many of today’s writers with his pieces of artwork.

Shakespeare lived in London. He lived there with his wife and three kids. His wife’s name was Anne Hathaway. He lived in the small town where he was born until he moved to London when he was 26 years old. It was there he wrote many of his best plays. It took alot of hard work to do what he did.

Will was born into a middle-class family in the year 1564, during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I. His father was a glove maker. William knew the queen and did some work for her.

William Shakespeare has made a difference in many people's lives through his writing. I admire his work and feel he is one the greatest writers of our times. His talent led him to be so successful in life and he used his talent to the fullest with such dedication. That is admirable and that's why I feel he is my hero.