Performing Artist

Shamier Anderson

by Aara Naeem from Toronto, Ontario in Canada

Did you know that there are 106 black Canadian actors, and one created the Bay Bill studio company? Also related to Stephen James, well you guessed it, it’s Shamier Anderson! He was nominated for the best crime/suspense movie in the Premier Awards in 2019. Shamier and his brother Stephen James co-founded an organization called the B.L.A.C.K (Building a Legacy in Acting, Cinema and Knowledge). And lastly, Shamier is the son of Jamaican immigrants.

How did Shamier get into the wonderful world of acting? 

He started his career in 2010. He is a black Canadian actor and guess what, he has been in 19 movies !. Ok so how did he really get into the world of acting? He graduated from Wexford Collegiate School of the Arts as an Ontario scholar. After that, he went to learn criminology and trained with weapons and before breaking into acting. He also has been training in martial arts and Wing Chun Kung Fu.

Shamier Anderson’s contributions to Canada

He created the Bay Bill Studio company now what is the Bay Bill Studios well it's a production that amplifies black Canadian creatives. Shamier and his brother Stephan James co-founded the the B.L.A.C.K which is a Ball building a legacy in acting. He is now launching the Black Academy. The Black Academy is a Canadian program for the recognition of talent and fostering of Black Canadians in various industries.

Shamier’s background and life 

Shamier was born on May 6 1991 and is 32 years old. Son of Jamaican immigrants and grew up in Toronto. Raised by a single mother alongside his two brothers. One of which is Stephan James who starred in 2018’s Oscar-nominated “If Beale Street could talk. “ As well as Ava DuVernay's"Selma ". 

So we covered Shamier Anderson's career, his contributions to Canada, and lastly his life story. And that is all you need to know about Shamier Anderson and hopefully you learned something about Black Canadians see you next time Bye!