Simone Veil

by Camille Bartz from Chemy in France

133414Simone Veilhttps://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simone_VeilFor me a hero is anyone who can show courage when faced with a problem. A hero is a person who is able to help another in various ways. A person can become a hero by saving someone who is in danger. Another example of a hero is someone who is there to help others and gives them strength to go on through life’s difficulties. A hero can be someone who gave up his or her life so another could live. A hero does not always have to show courage; he can be afraid but still be a hero through his other actions. 

But me, I have chosen a women who fought against the discrimination of women in France. It's Simone Veil. 

Her nationality is French, and she was magistrate and stateswoman. Simone was born on July 13, 1927, and she died at the age of 89 years old in Paris on March 24, 2017. 

133415Simone Veil enters the pantheonhttps://www.france24.com/fr/20180701-direct-live-ceremonie-entree-simone-veil-pantheon-ministre-ivg-europe-shoahRescued from the Auschwitz camps after studying law and political science, she entered the judiciary. In 1974, she was appointed Minister of Health, which allowed her to implement the law Veil. She defended the right of abortion and she entered in the Pantheon under the descension of Emmanuel Macron on July 1st, 2018. 

She is the icon of the fight against the discrimination of women in France. For me, Simone Veil was one of the most courageous women ever. Not to mention, her perseverance she has always been at the root of her ideas and she never gave up. She is also very intelligent. She said, "The pain is the root of knowledge."

She's my hero because she defended our rights. It is thanks to her that we can decide to abort or not. Simone Veil really represents all French women and has advanced society. I think a hero must be honored.