Spencer Stone

by Eloise Gillet from Lille in France

124395Heroes: Anthony Sadler, Spencer Stone, Alek SkarlatosphotoThree American tourists of 25 year old Spencer and his friend Alek and Anthony stopped a terrorist attack on 21st August 2015 aboard the 15H17 train Amsterdam to Paris. They were on a trip all over Europe. They were sleeping when all of a sudden they heard a shot, Spencer saw a man on the ground and a shirtless man and armed. The man tried to cock his weapon. Spencer encouraged by Alek decided to run towards the armed man. His friends followed him and they hit the terrorist. They mastered him by tying him. Then Spencer helped the injured man even though Spencer himself had been injured.

124470movie posterphotoMy hero doesn't have any superpower, he's a hero of everyday life. Thanks to him, there was no killing in the train. He's a hero for his courage. I'm not the only one to think that. Former president of the republic gave them the Legion of Honor. Another person thinks that they were heroes: Clint Eastwood directed a movie about their heroism (called 15:17 Paris).

I chose a hero who stopped an attack because I was very touched by all terrorist attacks, mostly the attack of Bataclan where my cousin sadly died. Spencer saved a lot of lives because the terrorist had a lot of ammunition and bombs on him. It has been a horror for many families. What is more, his courage strikes me because in our society it is rare that a person thinks of another before oneself.