Stephen Hawking

by Cameron from Dublin

A hero is someone who can give inspiration to others and who can persevere through tough times in their lives. Some traits that a hero should possess is kindness. They should also be knowledgeable. Also, they should be able to spread knowledge to others and help them learn, and finally be persistent. One person who has all of these traits is Stephen Hawking.

Stephen William Hawking was born on January 8, 1942 in Oxford, United Kingdom and unexpectedly died on March 14, 2018, he was 76 years old at the time. Stephen Hawking is a theoretical physicist, cosmologist, author, and director of research at the Centre for Theoretical Cosmology at The University of Cambridge. He was one of the most celebrated physicists since Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton. His wife is Jane Hawking who is an author and has written many books with Stephen. Jane and Stephen Hawking have three children, Lucy Hawking, Robert Hawking, and Timothy Hawking. Robert being the oldest, Lucy being the middle child, and Timothy being the youngest. The most surprising thing about him is that he suffered from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis more commonly known as ALS. Many of his theories have proved things that many people have been trying to prove but have failed. Even after he died, his final papers proved even more about space and physics!

As I said in my first paragraph, a hero should be knowledgeable and be able to spread knowledge. Stephen Hawking exemplifies these traits by being smart, clever and being a director of research at Cambridge University. He is doing research and spreading the research that he found every day. Stephen Hawking has found research on black holes, alternate universes, and was looking for alien life in the universe, and many believe he is the smartest cosmology since Albert Einstein.

Kindness and persistence are good traits that every person should possess. Stephen Hawking possesses these traits by never giving up on a theory that he has, he just keeps trying, doing the math different way to make it fit into what he has as his theory. He shows kindness by taking care of his three children at the time of his death his kids were around 50 years old  so when his children were younger he had to take care of them and be kind and caring.

Stephen Hawking is a hero because they are persistent, kind knowledgeable and able to spread knowledge. Stephen Hawking mean something to me because he is so amazing that he can be one of the smartest people on earth and he as ALS. ALS is an disease that makes it so you can only move to certain extent. I want to live up to his life because he is one of the smartest people in the world and I would like to be one of the smartest people in the world, someday. Thank you for reading my story and I hope you enjoyed reading about Stephen Hawking.