Steve Jobs

by Javon Randhawa from San Diego, California

123858Steve with his Fatherhttps://allaboutstevejobs.com/Steve Jobs, known for being the co-founder of Apple, is also sometimes called the best businessman and promoter of all time. Although he was really successful in his later years, he faced many challenges throughout his life. When he was born, Steve was put up for adoption, and was adopted by Paul and Clara Jobs. The Jobs lived in Mountain View, California. He did well in schooling and while in high school met Steve Wozniak, his future partner. He went into college, but half a year after joining college, he dropped out of Reed College. For months after, he would drop in on creative classes. After this, he went to work at Atari. After working to get enough money for a trip, he went to India for spiritual enlightenment. While he was in India, he had many influences, and these influences continued throughout the rest of his life. Steve Jobs is idolized by millions around the world as a hero because of his hard work, his ability to bypass hardships, and his contributions to the everyday technology.

123860Steve with the Apple 2https://hackernoon.com/Steve Jobs believed that whatever he made should be the best he can do, and was a hard believer in hard work. Jobs was once quoted saying, “the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work” (Jobs). Steve Jobs lived with this belief throughout his life, doing the best on whatever he can and whatever he created. He believed that everything he ever did should be his 100% best work, and if he didn't, he can't be truly satisfied. Once, when given a design for a circuit board he declined it because it didn't look nice on the inside: “he even once vetoed a circuit board design because he did not like the way it looked, even though it would never be seen by anyone except technicians.” (Biography). Again proving his perfectionist ideology, Jobs always worked for the best, and believed that perfection was the best way to go. Even if it would only be seen by some electronic specialist, he wanted it to be perfect, and the inner components of the computer needed to be perfect. He always proved that people should not cut corners, and everything they do or make should be their best. Jobs always put his best efforts with hard work into his products to make sure it was the best, and to feel satisfied with his work that he put out into the world.

123862Steve releasing the iPodhttps://www.nytimes.com/Although Steve Jobs had many ups in his life, he ran through many hardships in his life. Once one of these hardships struck, he would bypass them. When the company was dwindling in stock, Jobs was forced out of Apple by the company’s board. When that did happen, he went and created NeXT, a new computer company.  “After leaving Apple, Jobs invested $7 million of his own money to start a new computer company, NeXT” (Biography). As he went on to create this company, he worked hard on making them. Even if the company wasn't a huge success, the computers had very good technology that would go on to contribute Apple’s Macintosh when he did eventually join the company again. He worked very hard on it, and created a new company when his life’s work, Apple, was taken away from him. After going back to Apple, he was once again faced with the hardship of bringing it back to its former glory: “The company that once kicked him out now wanted him back in hopes that he could breathe new life into its sagging sales and increase their market share, now down to single digits as they were cast as the David against Microsoft's Goliath” (Biography). With failing stock, and sales being a record low, he brought back life to the company. Apple kicked him out of the company for the company failing to produce products, but went down and brought him back to fix it after working hard to get back to where he was. “As CEO he came through for them. The partnership with Microsoft led to sales of new software titles, and a new processor, G3, was selling well as of early 1998. In addition by May of that year, Jobs unveiled a new innovation as well: the iMac, a new kind of personal computer that invigorated the company and provided a vibrant new aesthetic in desktop systems” (Biography).

Steve Jobs is a hero today. He shows heroic qualities with his belief in hard work, his ability to bypass hardships set upon him, and his contributions to the technological world with products that he created for everyday people. He worked his whole life developing the technology that most of us have in our pockets, and that’s what makes him a hero of today.

“A Quote by Steve Jobs.” Goodreads, Goodreads, www.goodreads.com/quotes/6870519-the-only-way-to-be-truly-satisfied-is-to-do.

“Steve Jobs.” Biography.com, A&E Networks Television, 6 Nov. 2017, www.biography.com/people/steve-jobs-9354805.

"Steve Jobs." Newsmakers, Gale, 2000. Biography In Context, https://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/K1618002887/BIC?u=powa9245&sid=BIC&xid=9731c734. Accessed 16 Apr. 2018.

Biography - Biography about Steve Jobs
NotableBiographies - Biography about Steve Jobs