Tyler Keddy

by Tyler from Belleville

Back in 1998, my family and I took a summer vacation from Ottawa to Gaspe, Newfoundland, Canada. When my family decided to go kayalaing in the eastern Alantoic, a bit north of St. John. We had 2 rental mono-kayala, and went for a ride, after few hour we was caused by a bad storm on the ocean. We was suppose to turn back cause of the storm, but we decided to keep going because we found some interested things, and some lion seals. When my wife and daughter, who is asthenic, had a trouble paddling, so we had to pull them with our boat and a rope. But. It was diffault for them to keep their balance. My daughter, Ashley, cannot understand to be carefully control after herself. So after the waves pushed my wife and daughter, into the water, my son had to jump into the water, because if If he didn’t they could choke and drown. My and my son's kayala had more equimpents being wrapped in plastic bags, and would have been damaged after he splited the kayala upside-down, when jumping into the water, to save my wife and daughter to shore. It was few miles away. It was pretty diffault to pull them both, because they were both a bit overweight for their size, Tyler had to do his first aid to my daughter, after I and my wife had took care of our kayala. After few minutes, I and my son had to bring our kayala back to the rental, it was between 5 kilometers away from where we landed. My wife and daughter had walken away with some backpacks, and I and Tyler only had whole the snacks. As it was pain when we brought those kayala that were about 75 to 80 kilograms. Tyler was really tired when we arrived to the van as he slept the whole way, back to our cabin, down in Gaspe Newfoundland.

Tyler from Belleville