Inventor

Thomas Edison

by Kyuri L. from United States

Thomas Edison   

Can you imagine horrifying burning fires in your hometown? Well, the amazing Thomas Edison fixed that problem. He made the illuminating light bulb, one of his most amazing accomplishments. As you learn about his many accomplishments, and his life, you will see how Thomas Edison is a true hero.

130056Thomas Edison Public Domain       Thomas Edison was born on February 11, 1847 in Milan, Ohio. Edison was the youngest of 7 children! His parents were Samuel and Nancy Edison. When Edison was born, he was partially deaf. By the time Edison went to school, he did not do well so Edison had to be homeschooled. Thomas Edison read lot of books with a wide range of subjects. A few years later, Thomas Edison saved a boy from a runaway train and so the child's dad trained Edison to be a telegraph operator. Edison became interested so he focused his inventions on communication. The Wizard of Menlo Park had a rival named Nikola Tesla. By the time Thomas Edison made a number of inventions, he died from diabetes on October 18, 1831 in West Orange, NJ

Thomas Edison is mostly known for his amazing inventions. In 1869 at 22 years old, Edison moved to New York City and developed his first invention, an improved stock ticker called the Universal Stock Printer. For many of the unique inventor’s accomplishments, employees also helped Edison come up with ideas. Thomas Edison made world changing inventions like the light bulb, phonograph, movie camera, and much more. The famous inventor created a company called the General Electric, which is one of the biggest corporations today. Thomas Edison is one of the greatest inventors of all time.

In conclusion, Thomas Edison was very determined to make people’s lives easier and make inventions to help other people. One of his most famous quotes was, ”Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.”  His unbelievable accomplishments have changed people’s lives today.