Thomas Pesquet

by Aymeric from Mons-en-Pévèle in France

124430Thomas PesquetWikipediaThomas Pesquet was born on February twenty-seventh in Rouen. First, he was a route pilot, then in two thousand and nine, he was chosen like one of the six candidates to become the third group of European astronauts. From two thousand and ten to two thousand and sixteen, he did a programme of practice. In two thousand and sixteen, he took off with a Russian astronaut, Oleg Novitski, and an American astronaut, Peggy Whitson, in the rocket Soyouz MS-03. He is one of the ten French astronauts in history to go into space. During six months, he stayed in the International Space Station (ISS), where he studied space and did lot of experiments for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and the Centre National d’Etudes Spatial (CNES). He was appointed ambassador of the UNICEF for climate change and for drinking water access.

From my point of view, Thomas Pesquet is a hero because he is a great scientist and explorer who enabled us to develop human124434Thomas Pesquet in the ISSlepoint.fr knowledge and science. He took a dangerous road to help humanity to progress. And for all he did, he had to make some sacrifices. More, he helped all the people thanks to his good deed with UNICEF.

Thomas Pesquet gave me courage and motivation to work because he gave his life to progress science and he proved that we can always realize our dream if we work for that. More, he reassured me because I was afraid of the unknown but now I know we can learn the mysteries of the universe.