TJ Tison

by Fisher Tison from Matthews NC,

131507TJhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLK_HEr951U8iiIS25ZGdEw       My Dad (or TJ), is a normal human striving to impact a stationary dull society; you may have never known how much of an extraordinary hero he is just hiding in plain sight. My hero has been an influence to many through his growing faith in God. He has helped people relieve their burdens and prosper in their relationship with Jesus. Also, TJ has been planted like a fortress with his ideas, hobbies, and family by not giving up on a single one. He has not changed his ways, even under pressure of extreme trials; he refuses to give up! My Hero is a humble honcho incognito; he strives to be faithful and unstoppable -- all without fame, luxury, or worldly pleasures. 

Undoubtedly, my dad has been through much conflict in his time, but through strong faith, he’s had an associate to guide him. That Friend is not known to some -- this friend is Jesus. His faith has always continued to grow as he spreads the gospel. He serves God with immense effort by spending time and money as well as spreading kindness in shelters and church programs.  By trusting in God, Dad never second-guessed his calling in life. Similarly, he also served in the military in, “one of the hardest times of his life”. At first what he wanted to do was fly planes, but God had a different plan. Eventually, he was too tall, and he never met his dream of being a pilot. He was not mad at God, but happy for his new path of life. He worked his hardest and was left with little to no reward, but grew in his faithfulness and prospered in life because of his experience.

This man is, has, and will always be relentless- Slowly walking through the distorted path of life. He’s faced shots left and right but still prospers with a bright smile lighting the darkness.He is still caring and loving his family with all of his dearest heart. This man may fall but will not stay in the position of a weak and broken cripple. This man is not only my father but a hero. TJ was cut from his 6th and 7th basketball team, and this pushed him to play for the NCAA Final Four for U.N.C.C. and was a huge success. Also one night, when there were some tough times in my family, my mom took everything from the house and left for four years leaving my dad and my family. He pushed through those times with joy and happiness striving and demonstrating he’s unstoppable. 

The title “Humble Honcho” means a leader that puts others before himself. He’s faith has grow by trusting in God in every circumstances that he’s faced. Also, he is unstoppable by not letting anything keep him from the path God has for him. Lastly, he learns to prosper through any trial and conquer any challenge with his smart skills. Today, I still look up to him as a lead example, not because of money, power, or fame, but because of his character. Character is developed through learning and experiencing. He is a clear representation of a supporting leader; he sets his goals on a foundation in his faith and to be unstoppable, without a ponder of reward. Finally, do you have that hero with that type of character shining in the crowd and how can you strive to be that type of person?

By: Fisher Tison