Tony Hawk

by Jackson Fischer from San Diego, California in United States

124943One of the greatest skateboarders ever to livehttps://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005000/Tony Hawk is an experienced skater who has started three different companies including his most successful company, birdhouse. Tony Hawk went from being a lower class 8 year old boy that could barely afford his own skateboard, to becoming a multi-million dollar business man with three children and a wife. “Born on May 12, 1968 in Carlsbad, California to Frank and Nancy Hawk, Anthony Frank Hawk was a child filled with hyperactivity and emotional frustration. At the age of eight he was psychologically evaluated in school only to be found that he was extremely gifted, and had the intellect of a twelve year old.” Tony Hawk is is fearless skater who would do anything to become the best of the best by completing some of the hardest and scariest tricks, using very precise techniques; but Hawk wasn't just a amazing skater he also motivated people to give to others and to stick with their passions. Hawk showed fearlessness and was very motivating throughout his skating and business career and inspired millions to pursue their dreams, as well as thrive to be the best they can possibly be.   

124945Tony Hawk completing one of his impossible trickshttps://www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/tony-hawk-on-25-years-of-birdhouse-skateboards-riley-hawk-w513207Tony Hawk repeatedly shows fearlessness  in his skating career and throughout his business career. Hawk landed the first ever successful "900", or 900-degree spin. This trick continues to be considered the "Holy Grail" of skateboarding, in which only a few other athletes having achieved the stunt. “At the 1999 X Games, Hawk landed the first ever successful "900", or 900-degree spin. The trick continues to be considered the "Holy Grail" of skateboarding, with few other athletes having achieved the stunt.” This evidence provides a statement that describes Tony Hawk completing and landing to be one of the hardest tricks ever to land too this day, and also one of the scariest tricks to ever be landed showing his fearlessness when it comes to skating. “By 12 he was sponsored; at 14 he turned professional and skated every spare minute that he could find.“ Tony Hawk showed fearlessness in the quote because by the age of 14 he focused his life on his one true passion, skating. “Tony Hawk completed many insane stunts and has done many of the hardest tricks ever  known to man. I jumped between two seven-story buildings in Los Angeles, launching from one rooftop to the other with ramps.” This quote shows how Tony Hawk is fearless and is willing to do anything to be the best. “Tony's fierce determination helped him become the best skater in the world at age 16! "Skating changed his personality," Steve says. "Finally he was doing something that he was satisfied with." This quote shows how fearless he was to be able to accomplish all of his goals and to eventually become the best skateboarder in the world. This shows only a little of how fearless Tony Hawk truly was and how his fearlessness has not only changed his life but his followers too.

124960Tony Hawk grinding in half pipehttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/going-out-guide/wp/2013/06/18/tony-hawk-and-rodney-mullen-will-be-skating-on-the-mall-on-saturday/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.fac2c150eee8Tony Hawk has motivated millions of people and has changed the world drastically with all of the records and donations he has set. The Tony Hawk Foundation, a charitable organization that provides grants to towns and cities seeking to build skate parks for young people. “In 2002 he created the Tony Hawk Foundation, a charitable organization that provides grants to towns and cities seeking to build skate parks for young people. The foundation has granted well over $1 million to skate parks across the United States.” This quote shows how Tony Hawk is motivating kids and skateparks all through the United States  to continue Tony's passion and for giving to others. ”Over the next 14 years, he would enter 85 contests, 62 of which he would win (he placed second in 16 others).” This is very motivating to me because I dream about being that good in the future and I look up to him as an role model. Tony has won 10 X Games gold medals. Today, he has a successful skateboard company, Birdhouse Projects. ”Tony has won 10 X Games gold medals. Today, he has a successful skateboard company, Birdhouse Projects. Birdhouse is one of the largest skateboard companies in the world. He also created the Tony Hawk Foundation.” This quote shows really how great Tony Hawk is and how he's impacted this world forever. ”The one move I'd still like to do is an ollie 720, which is a double spin in the air without touching the board with your hand. I can do a 540 but never figured out how to keep my board on my feet for that extra half a spin.” This shows how Tony Hawk was changing the skating world as he quickly rose to be one of the best skaters in the world. Tony Hawk is a very motivating hero because he influences everyone to follow their dreams and to always be the best person you can be at all times.

Tony Hawk was a fearless skater who would go to new heights to be the best of the best by inventing his own tricks and mastering others. Hawk was not only the one of the best skaters to step foot in a skatepark he was one of the nicest and most generous people out there by donating to skate parks keeping them in business and by donating to people in need. Tony Hawk throughout the years of his skating and business carriers has impacted the lives of millions of others by creating several businesses and donating to people and skateparks in need. Tony Hawk is a hero to many and has impacted the lives of thousands of people inspiring them to accomplish their goals and by being the best people they can be. Altho Tony Hawk may be a retired skater his legacy will always live on as he was one of the best skateboarders ever to live.  

"Big Air." New Yorker, vol. 90, no. 20, 21 July 2014, pp. 24-1. EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=lfh&AN=97419905&site=ehost-live.

Bruce, Erika. "Tony Hawk." ["Tony Hawk"]. Tony Hawk, 1/1/2006, p. 1. EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=khh&AN=19642644&site=ehost-live.

"Hawk, Tony." Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia, 2017, p. 1p. 1. EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=funk&AN=HA032250&site=ehost-live.

Henry, Denise. "TONY HAWK. (Cover Story)." Scholastic Action, vol. 28, no. 10, 28 Feb. 2005, p. 4. EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=ulh&AN=16220520&site=ehost-live.

Layden, Tim. "Making Millions." Sports Illustrated, vol. 96, no. 24, 10 June 2002, p. 80. EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=aph&AN=6775601&site=ehost-live.

Mortimer, Sean. "Tony Hawk." Parks & Recreation, vol. 34, no. 7, July 1999, p. 94. EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=aph&AN=2068894&site=ehost-live.

Ressner, Jeffrey. "10 Questions for Tony Hawk." Time, vol. 165, no. 19, 09 May 2005, p. 8.   EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=aph&AN=16908170&site=ehost-live.

Roberts, Rachel. "Taking Turns with Tony." Parks & Recreation, vol. 46, no. 5, May 2011, pp. 46-50. EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=aph&AN=60826100&site=ehost-live.