ORGANIZER

Transgender Day of Visibility

International Transgender Day of Visibility is an annual event occurring on March 31 dedicated to celebrating transgender people and raising awareness of discrimination faced by transgender people worldwide, as well as a celebration of their contributions to society.

Artwork 

Marsha P. Johnson

By: Robin Venter
Marsha P. Johnson was an American gay liberation activist/advocate for gay rights. Johnson was one of the prominent figures in the Stonewall uprising of 1969

Gay Activists by EB

By: EB
Those who challenge society are truly heroic.

Marsha P. Johnson

By: Elliot Rodriguez
I wanted to created a portrait of Marsha to show my appreciation for her. Being a transgender individual myself, Marsha is a person who I greatly look up to as a role model.

Inspiration

By: Alex Hunt

Stories

Danica Roem

By: Kathryn Atwood
Danica Roem is the first transgender elected official in the state of Virginia.

Jazz Jennings

By: Sophie White
Jazz Jennings, a transgender woman and a television personality, is the youngest person to have become a transgender figure.

Lili Elbe

By: Eren Knudsen
Lili Elbe was one of the first transgender women to receive sex reassignment surgery.

Films

Janet Miller

By: The Working Group
Janet Miller leads her students to stand up for their LGBT peers.

The belly dancer donning a beard to protest LGBT abuse in Egypt

By: Cormac O'Brien
The 25-year-old, who is completing her masters at Cardiff University in Wales, has helped many asylum seekers access higher education in Britain – something she is passionate about after spending several "heartbreaking" years unable to study.

T(he)y

By: Caroline Callender & Silver Liftin
Each day, different people experience and view the world through entirely different lenses, based on those identities. Often, we forget that this is the case.

The Toothmans

By: Hansen Bursic
Deb and Jim Toothman and their transgender daughter Cooper Toothman, talk about their struggles with acceptance both within their family and in the community.

Interview with Georgia Bridgers (LGBTQ YouTuber)

Kitty Richardson

Top 10 Important LGBTQ Movements In US History

Produced by:Jaimie Roussos
In honor of Pride month, this film looks at at the most important LGBTQ milestones in US History.

Organizer created on 3/31/2021 2:04:54 PM by Giselle Villatoro

Last edited 2/26/2024 1:59:25 PM by Abigail Richardson