In this article I talk about how musician Usher has helped me out and how much I look up to him and how his work helped me overcome some difficult times in my life with Autism.

Usher

by Kenneth Valdivia from San Fernando, California in United States

"I've learned that you are who you are, and in the end, if you don't believe it, than no one will."-Usher

"Strivers achieve what dreamers believe."-Usher

"Success is about dedication. You may not be where you want to be or do what you want to do when you're on the journey. But you've got to be willing to have vision and foresight that leads you to an incredible end"-Usher
"I'm more for the style than the brand. I don't go brand shopping; I go detail shopping."-Usher
"In life, you have to go through something to get to something. From that, the inspiration comes having something of substance to talk about; otherwise you're just considered to be fluff."-Usher

Usher has been one of my heroes for as long as I can remember. Born by the name of Usher Raymond IV, he was born in Dallas, TX, but raised primarily in Chattanooga, TN. He got his music start in Atlanta, GA. I personally have always admired his choreography and upbeat tempo, especially since it's very reminiscent of Michael Jackson. I like how he mixes things up, as one song will be a dance song and all upbeat and he will switch to an emotional ballad for his other tracks. I also admire that he never forgets his roots, as he has done a lot of charity work and has given back to his community. He really has a heart and that's what I admire most about him, and he always seems to be having fun.

I first heard of Usher when I was about 8 or 9, when he released his most successful album to date, Confessions. My aunt had the CD and every time we hung out she would have it playing in her car and we would rock out to the album. Especially when it came to the song "Yeah!" I would have it on repeat several times and I would bounce up and down to it and sing it word for word with a ton of energy. Since Confessions, I have been hooked on him. He truly won me over as a fan as I decided to listen to his prior work and work after Confessions. Even when I got older, I decided to listen more closely to the lyrics. A lot of his work has really helped me persevere through some of the darkest moments in my life, which include being bullied, personal family issues, disputes with family members, when I was depressed, when I felt suicidal, when I felt all hope was lost and thinking that I have no place on this earth cause of my autism. His music helped me through all that and let me know I'm not the only person in the world feeling like that.

It would be a dream come true to meet Usher and tell him in person how much he inspires me and how much I admire him. For a long time I've always wanted to meet him and hang out with him and go behind the scenes of a concert. So many times I had dreams where I was hanging with him or someone else I admire and we were in a studio or somewhere or even performing on stage together. I am so fed up with having those dreams and waking up realizing it wasn't real and did not really happen. This is a dream I want to have come true so bad. Hope all can come into fruition rather sooner than later.

My name is Kenneth Valdivia, I was born and raised in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles, CA. My whole life I struggled making friends, socializing, and finding a place in this world. These are all due to the fact I have Autism. My whole life has been one big misunderstanding due to being high functioning. I have a YouTube channel where I discuss personal stories, dreams and desires.