Visual Artist

Walt Disney

by Dawson Hull from Cochrane, Alberta in Canada

"All our dreams can come true if we dare to pursue them."

My hero Walt Disney

By Dawson

148179This is my web about Walt DisneyDawson HullAll our dreams can come true if we dare to pursue them. The name of the book was Walt Disney

148150this is a portrait of Walt DisneyDawson HullI chose Walt Disney because he had a dream, He worked on reaching that goal for so long, when he reached it he kept going after he met his goal. The book I am reading is a biography book. The book Is 106 pages long. Walt had a pet rat at home. Walt dropped out of school to join the World War. Walt copied cartoons in the newspaper. Walt has some french characters with his name being before Walt Disney. Walt did the voice for Mickey from 1928 to 1947. Walt never really drew Mickey his cartoonists always did. Walt has received more academy awards than anyone else he has won 22 in total. Walt’s favorite character was always goofy. Before starting the Walt Disney corporation he almost sold vacuum cleaners for a living. Walt’s favorite princess was Cinderella. A minor planet is named after him. The character WALL, E is named after Walt. The last film that Walt oversaw was the jungle book.

Walt Disney was born on December 5, 1901, in Chicago, Illinois Walt grew up in Chicago Walt's Family was Herbert  Arthur Disney December 8, 1888 – January 29, 1961, aged 72 Raymond Arnold Disney December 30, 1890 – May 24, 1989, aged 98

Roy Oliver Disney June 24, 1893 – December 20, 1971, aged 78 Walter "Walt" Elias Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966, aged 65

Ruth Flora Disney December 6, 1903 – April 7, 1995, aged 91

148151Action Drawing if walt Disney opening the parkDawson HullWalt had a dream to be good and kind to everyone. Walt went to the  School of the Art Institute of Chicago. He learned by studying and listening in class, unlike some people. When Walt was not at school he liked to imagine what he would be in the future. His dream was to have a steam train and he built himself one. Nothing happened to Walt that was little.

Walt Disney returned home when he was seventeen and told his parents that he was going to be an artist. His father didn't tolerate Walt’s decision and discouraged him greatly from becoming an artist. His father wanted him to join the family business of making jelly. Walt did not listen to his dad because Walt wanted to be a writer and he knew that. Walt Disney revolutionized the animation industry through innovations. Walt always wanted to play with trains. Walt won 22 academic awards.

I learned that Walt has a minor planet named after him and thought that that was cool. What disappointed me was that Walt’s family did not support him being a writer they wanted him to stay in the family business. If I were to meet Walt Disney I would ask him what inspired him to become a writer, 

References: