Whit Merrifield

by Alessandro Mondello from Kansas City Mo

Whit Merrifield is a Professional baseball player for the Kansas City Royals. He was a late round pick in the 9th round of the 2010 draft and 269 overall. He was thought to amount to nothing. He had led the major leagues in hits with 108 in 2018 and still was not in the all-star game. He has been overlooked his whole life, but now in 2019 is an all star with numbers matching up to players like Mike Trout. But he still is overlooked. Whit Merrifield is my hero because of the obstacles he overcame. He didn't listen when his efforts and successes were dismissed and forgotten. After many many years in AAA he never quit. He was racking up numbers in AAA but was not recognized and not brought to the majors until 2016. Even though he was overlooked and left to fail, he became an All Star. That's why he's my hero, he defied all odds. He has recently signed a new contract of $16,250,000 for four years, so he will be a Royal for awhile.

137316Whit Merifield playing for the Storm Chasers the Royals triple A team.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whit_Merrifield 

Whit Merrifield contract details salaries and earnings. - This link gave me the year of whit merrifield's draft year, His draft round and his major league debut.