LESSON PLAN

World Health Day Lesson Plan

Teacher's resource for World Health Day using stories, film. Includes classroom discussion guide.

World Health Day Lesson Plan

Health Heroes during the Coronavirus Pandemic are highlighted through art, films and stories created by students and professionals. 

Art Celebrating Healthcare Heroes During the Coronavirus

RN Healthcare Worker
Credit: Jorge Garza
Mother Earth Save Us
Credit: Irene Tessa
Nurse and World
Credit: Heather Strazza

Credit: Sarina Vaziri
Super Nurse
Credit: IamFake
Hoorain Amjad Artwork
Credit: Hoorain Amjad

Student Films 

144 Coronavirus Quarantine

Oham Group

This film was created by a High School Student.

Wear a Mask Hamilton Parody #STOPTHESPREAD

Angelina Pendleton-Mendez & Leila Woodward

A reminder to wear a mask and help stop the spread of COVID-19. This film was created by a middle school student.

Distance Learning

Chloe Miller

A film about the experience of distance learning and the impact that it has on Chloe's life. This film was created by an elementary school student. 

Saba's hero is her aunt, a physician in Tehran, during the coronavirus. Read her story and view her film.

My Coronavirus Hero: My Aunt

By: Saba Mosshefi
Saba's hero is her aunt, a physician in Tehran who is treating patients with COVID-19.

Dr. Sharareh Majd

Saba Mosfehi

MY HERO Stories About Those Helping During the Coronavirus

Farm2People: Eric Holdener and Anna Hopkins

By: Shannon Luders-Manuel
Farm2People is a nonprofit that works to deliver produce to food insecure areas of Los Angeles County in the wake of COVID-19.

Sonia Smith-Kang: Mixed Up Clothing

By: Shannon Luders-Manuel
Sonia Smith-Kang is the founder of Mixed Up Clothing, a boutique children's clothing line. During the coronavirus, she is using her fabric to make masks for customers and medical workers.

Daniel Goldberg

By: MY HERO Staff
Daniel Goldberg, a Santa Barbara teen, created "Zoomers to Boomers" a collection of Gen Z shoppers who bring groceries to the Boomer generation during the Coronavirus pandemic.

Who is your hero during the coronavirus pandemic? Submit your stories, artwork and short films honoring your hero during the coronavirus. Deadline 5/1/21

Coronavirus Multimedia Contest

The theme of World Health Day 2021 is building a fairer, healthier world. As COVID-19 has highlighted, some people are able to live healthier lives and have better access to health services than others - entirely due to the conditions in which they are born, grow, live, work and age.

The following films and stories honor those working to build a healthier world. 

Sasa

Produced by:Diane Namm
A young doctor in Burma begins a medical revolution. Winner of The People's Choice Award.

A Moment of Compassion

Brenda Goodman
On the border of Mexico and the USA, Tijuana Native , Dr. Patricia Gonzalez-Zuniga and her team of American and Mexican interns and residents provide care and compassion for anyone in need with their street clinic THE WOUND CLINIC.

Baby Malick and Federica

Cheikh Darou Seck
This video is about the heart disease and miraculous recovery of my baby boy, Serigne Malick Seck.

Dr. Paul Farmer

By: Joyce from San Diego

Dr. Paul Farmer has dedicated his life to treating people in the poorest nations in the world. He also persuaded the World Health Organization to take a "community-based approach" to healthcare.

Shomy Hasan Chowdhury

By: Dorothy Lie
Shomy Hasan Chowdhury created the WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene) organization, for which she received an Diana Award, to combat deadly diarrhea in underserved communities.

Listen and Read Along

Robin Lim

By: Wendy Jewell
Robin Lim devotes her life to improving the birth experience so that all humans are born with an intact capacity to love.

Clara Barton

By: Abbey Baxter Burks
Clara Barton was known as the 'Angel of the Battlefield.'

Links

Organizer created on 3/23/2019 10:25:21 PM by MY HERO Staff

Last edited 4/5/2021 6:57:00 PM by Shannon Luders-Manuel