Arnold Schwarzenegger

by Chad from Colorado

http://www.scharzenegger.com/
http://www.scharzenegger.com/

Arnold Schwarzenegger is an amazing man. He is the ultimate success story. He was a famous body builder in his own country, then came to America. He continued his body building, then went on to become an actor. As an actor, he is best-known as the title character in the movie "The Terminator" and its sequels. He then went on to a political career becoming California's 38th governor. Arnold Schwarzenegger is my hero because his life shows me that a person can become very important and very successful if you try hard enough.

<a href=http://www.schwarzenegger.com/en/life/index.asp?sec=life>Arnold</a>
Arnold

"Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger was born on July 30, 1947, in Thal, Austria. His father was the local police chief. He had a step brother named Meinhard. When he was young, Arnold played many sports, but discovered a passion for bodybuilding after his football coach took the team to weight training. He became a dedicated bodybuilder. In 1965 he served in the Austrian army to fulfill the one year of service required of all 18 year old Austrian males. During this time he entered and won the Junior Mr. Europe title. Two years later he became the youngest-ever Mr. Universe at the age of 20. He moved to the United States in September of 1968, with very little money, and barely speaking English. He trained at Gold's Gym in Santa Monica, California. Arnold's goal was to become the greatest bodybuilder in the world. To do that he had to become Mr. Olympia. He first tried in 1969, but lost. In 1970 he won the competition. He went on to win in 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, and 1975. He then retired from professional bodybuilding. In 1971 Arnold was known as the World's Strongest Man. In 1979, Schwarzenegger earned a B.A. from the University of Wisconsin, where he graduated with degrees in international marketing of fitness and business administration."
He had always planned to move from bodybuilding into acting, like many of his favorite bodybuilders had done before him. He had trouble getting roles because of his long name, huge muscles, and foreign accent. He still was chosen to play the role of Hercules in 1970. He came to the attention of more people in the documentary "Pumping Iron" (1977), in which his bodybuilding was the main point. He went on to star in "Conan the Barbarian," "The Terminator," "Terminator 2:Judgment Day," Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines," "Commando," "Predator," "Total Recall," "Kindergarten Cop," and "True Lies," to name a few. He won a Golden Globe Award and was nominated for Best Actor in 1994 for "Junior."

<a href=http://www.schwarzenegger.com/en/athlete/index.asp?sec=athlete>Mr. Olympia</a>
Mr. Olympia

Schwarzenegger became a U.S. citizen in 1983, although he also retained his Austrian citizenship. He is a registered Republican. His first political appointment was to the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, on which he served from 1990-1993, for George H. W. Bush. He announced his candidacy in the 2003 California recall election for Governor of California. On October 7, 2003 the recall election resulted in recalling the current Governor and electing Schwarzenegger by more than 1.3 million votes.

As Governor Schwarzenegger has helped many people in the state of California. He has helped so many people because he is a very caring person. The fact is that he is a very excellent actor, and the most fantastic Governor I have ever known. Schwarzenegger has also written and published two bodybuilding books. He made a difference by teaching me that even someone who lives in a small village in another country can become a very important and very successful person in another country if you try hard enough.

<a href=http://www.schwarzenegger.com/en/actor/index.asp?sec=actor>Arnold</a>
Arnold

Arnold Schwarzenegger has starred in over 20 movies. In each movie he did an awesome job. He was one of the best bodybuilders ever winning, the Olympia 7 times. He made millions of dollars body building. Then he went into politics and became the Governor of California. Here he helps the people of California. So he could fit into several hero categories like; artist, actor, author, sports, politics, and peacekeeper.

It's easy to see why Arnold Schwarzenegger is my hero. Not many people could come from another country, with next to nothing, and become one of the world's all time best bodybuilders, an amazing actor, an author, and the Governor of California.

AskMen.com - Biography, photos, and video
Wikipedia the Free Encyclopedia - The life and times of Arnold Schwarzenegger
TV Guide - Biography of Schwarzenegger
Biogs.com - Biography of Schwarzenegger
The official Arnold Schwarzenegger web site - Schwarzenegger's official web site