MY HERO Post-Production Workshop Schedule

Seven Day Workshop Outline

MY HERO POST-PRODUCTION WORKSHOP SCHEDULE

Downloadable PDF Version of the Post Production Workshop Schedule and Film Discussion Questions

Post Production Workshop PDF

(seven-day workshop outline)

**The below schedule assumes there is a script in place with timecode listed for all b-roll shots and interviews soundbites**.

Creating a shot log and interview transcript must have been completed prior to workshop beginning.

DAY 01

8am Breakfast

9am to Lunch - Discuss Team Productions. What went well? What was challenging? Where is each team with post (script, rough cut, logging). Discuss workflow and backing up to second drive everyday. *Important to have a mirror of both drives by end of workshop*

Lunch

1:30 pm to End of Day - Begin Assembling Interviews

Dinner

Screening - TBD (My suggestion is that we review 5-10 minutes of selects from each group so that they can see each other’s work).

DAY 02

8am Breakfast

9am to Lunch - Assembling Interviews to timeline in order (making the radio play).

Lunch

1:30 pm to End of Day - Assembling Interviews to timeline in order (making the radio play).

Dinner

DAY 03

8am Breakfast

9am to Lunch - Review Radio Play - Add B-Roll Into Edit. Other team members creating subtitles / finding music / revising script / making lower 3rds / working on credits

Lunch

1:30 pm to End of Day - Add B-Roll Into Edit. Other team members creating subtitles / finding music / revising script / making lower 3rds / working on credits

Dinner

Screening - TBD / Watch short film (Discuss short film and progress of everyone’s edits)

DAY 04

8am Breakfast

9am to Lunch - Add B-Roll Into Edit. Other team members creating subtitles / finding music / revising script / making lower 3rds / working on credits.

Lunch

1:30 pm to End of Day - Add B-Roll Into Edit. Other team members creating subtitles / finding music / revising script / making lower 3rds / working on credits.

***By END OF DAY - THERE SHOULD BE A ROUGH CUT OF EACH FILM***

Dinner

DAY 05

8am Breakfast

9am to Lunch - Revise Rough Cut. Add Music and GFX. Other team members creating subtitles / finding music / revising script / making lower 3rds / working on credits

Lunch

1:30 pm to End of Day - Revise Rough Cut. Add Music and GFX. Other team members creating subtitles revising script / making lower 3rds / working on credits

Dinner

DAY 06

8am Breakfast

9am to Lunch - Finalize Edits. Add Music and GFX, title card. Add Credits.

Lunch

1:30 pm to End of Day – Finalize Edits. Add Music and GFX, title card. Add Credits

Dinner

Screening – TBD

DAY 7

8am Breakfast

9am to Lunch – SCREENING OF ALL THE FILMS

Lunch

1:30 pm to End of Day – CREATIVE DISCUSSION ON ALL FILMS / Q&A / AWARDS

End of program

FILM DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

(Download PDF link to print and distribute for creative discussion)

NAME OF FILM:

What did you like about the film? How does it focus on heroism? Do you feel that the film clearly identified a hero/group/organization? If so, how? If not, why not?

What scenes or moments were your favorite?

What emotions did you feel?

What is not working for you? Why?

What is the issue raised in the film?

Does this film motivate you to take action about an issue?

Does the film elicit an emotional response?

Originality - Is this film an original idea or concept? Is the theme or point of view unique compared to other films?

Creativity - Did the filmmaker use creative approaches to storytelling? How creative is the camerawork, sound & editing?

Emotional Effectiveness - Were you deeply moved emotionally? Did you feel connected to the story? Are you motivated to take action?

Directing - How well is the overall film put together? Is the story cohesive? Is there a clear beginning, middle and end? Do you sense a unique voice in the director’s style?

Camera - Is the camerawork steady, in focus, and framed interestingly? Rate the quality of the image - Is it stunning? captivating? breathtaking?

Sound - Is the sound quality clear, easy to hear, s the dialogue distinguishable? Does the use of music move the story along or does it distract from the narrative?

Editing - Does the pace of the editing work with the story? Were you ever bored? Does it seem as if the film needs more editing - is it too long? Does the editing rhythm leave you feeling satisfied and connected to the theme of the story? 

Organizer created on 8/22/2019 12:35:52 PM by Laura Nietzer

Last edited 8/27/2019 11:38:53 AM by Laura Nietzer