Learn about Science through Short Films

Featured Science Related Films from the MY HERO Library

SLINGSHOT

Produced by:Paul Lazarus

SlingShot is the story of Kamen, his water purification technology, and his innovative approach to the safe water crisis.

The Secret of Trees

Produced by:Albert Maysles
What do trees know that we don't? 13-year-old inventor Aiden set out to find out.

The $1 Microscope

Produced by:by: Michael Schwarz
A device made from paper promises to make microscopes as widely available as pencils.

The Super Supercapacitor

Produced by:David Paul Meyer, Laura Lee / Directed by: Brian Golden Davis
Ric Kaner set out to find a new way to make graphene, the thinnest and strongest material on earth. What he found was a new way to power the world.

Walk Again Project

Produced by:AASDAP and Lente Viva Filmes
Dr. Nicolelis is also founder of the Walk Again Project, an international consortium of scientists and engineers, dedicated to the development of an exoskeleton device to assist severely paralyzed patients in regaining full body mobility.

Bella Gaia

Produced by:Kenji Williams
Bella Galia means Beautiful Earth. Producer Kenji Williams came up with the idea after meeting an astronaut who lived on a space station for 6 months.

The Researcher

Produced by:Kerrin Sheldon / Gaston Blanchet
Dibesh Karmacharya is a conservation biologist who returned to his home country of Nepal to contribute his genetics expertise to a momentous task: conserving the Bengal tiger in the Himalayas.

The hydrologic corridor

Dennis Karpes
An explanation of our system approach: the hydrologic corridor.

A Woman's Place is in the Lab

Produced by:Christine Dennis
A historical look at the long road for women in science. Following the outstanding career of Dr. Gail Brown, PhD. Renowned Scientist.

HoneyLove

Produced by:Ryan Bautista and Melanie Lim
Husband and wife team Rob and Chelsea McFarland started HoneyLove as a nonprofit conservation organization with a mission to protect the honeybees and inspire and educate new urban beekeepers.

Providing Mobility Through Low-Cost Prosthetics

Produced by:Ford Go Further
Mobility Mission is a local, nonprofit organization providing prosthetic care to hundreds of amputees worldwide that otherwise could not afford this needed service.

ABC Miracle Workers

Produced by:John Cornick | DreamWorks Television and Renegade 83
Dr. Holland, an opthalmologist helped Todd Heritage, blind since childhood, to see again.

Help Mary Save Coral

Produced by:Miranda Andersen from CANADA
One woman's effort to save the world's underrated natural resource, coral.

The Kelp Lady

Produced by:Anabelle Vo
The Kelp Lady features marine biologist Nancy Caruso.

Rowena Gerber and the Solar Oven Project

Produced by:Skip Blumberg
My Hero student reporter Andy visits the YouthCan Conference in New York City with his hero Rowena Gerber to present Paul Munsen's Solar Oven Project. Thanks to the American Legion Child Welfare Foundationfor their support of this short film.

POKO

Michael Schmidt-Olsen
Poko lives in Farfar community in Nothern Ghana. A community heavily affected by climate change. Extreme droughts and bushfires has in recent years risen and destroyed large areas of rural land and the traditional ways of farming is threatened. But with the help of CARE's Adaptation Learning Program (ALP) the community is learning of new ways to farm and adapt to the threat of climate change.

Breaking Boundaries in Science VR

Produced by:FILAMENT GAMES
Breaking Boundaries is an interactive celebration of history’s most influential women scientists.

Wangari Maathai Tribute Film

Produced by:Collaborative Partnership on Forests
To commemorate and honor the life and work of Professor Wangari Maatha

Adelante Con El Sol: The Solar Women Of Totogalpa [Trailer]

Produced by:Calm Dog Productions / Directed by: Jenna Morse & Lee Fritz
A women's group in rural Nicaragua empowers themselves and their community using Solar Energy

Yacouba - The Village Fool (the man who stopped the desert)

Produced by:Dave Puls / Fredrick Armstrong

Tiger Talk

Produced by:Ravi Prakash, Ashutosh Joshi
A tiger tells us his story.

The Ocean We Want To Know

Produced by:Macgillivray Freeman Films
One World One Ocean's new animated video celebrates the wonders of the ocean with stunning facts about our connection to the planet's lifeline.

The Contenders

Produced by:by Lucy Walker & Joseph Peeler
Using the online puzzle game Fold It, scientists are enlisting video gamers to solve real- world problems.

The Last Straw

Lynne Cherry
Nine-year-old Milo Cress is concerned about the millions of straws that pollute waterways, waste fossil-fuel resource and harm ocean creatures. With the help of some friends, he convinces restaurants to “go straw-free”. Milo then takes the fight all the way to Capitol Hill.

Digital Fishing on Citizen Science Cruise

Produced by:One World One Ocean
Exploring marine Protected Areas and learning about marine science with the Crystal Cove Alliance.

The Story of Cholera

Produced by:Deborah van Dyke
The Story of Cholera will save lives.

The Future of Our Species

Produced by:The Moxie Institute/Dir. Tiffany Shlain
This fall marks the release of 'Leonardo's Brain,' the book that Director Tiffany Shlain's father and best-selling author, Leonard Shlain, finished days before he passed away. Tiffany builds off her father's ideas to explore the future of our species.

Tuggerah Lakes Estuary Environmental Animation

Produced by:Produced by Lisa Madden / Directed by Stefan Wernik and Guy Jamieson
Simple solutions to complex environmental problems.

Our Oceans Narrated by Sylvia Earle

Produced by:Jo Priest
A film about the importance of protecting the blue heart of our planet; our oceans.

Educational Resources

oceanstewards
Credit: myhero

Organizer created on 8/15/2019 5:45:21 PM by Wendy Milette

Last edited 8/28/2019 2:23:26 PM by Laura Nietzer