Press_Release

12th Annual Laguna Hero Fest Set for November 16

by MY HERO Media from Laguna Beach, CA

135594HERO FESTMY HEROContact: Jeanne Meyers                                       For Immediate Release
Co-founder/Director
The MY HERO Project
[email protected]
949-376-5964

SEPTEMBER 9, 2019 - LAGUNA BEACH, CA – The 12th Annual Laguna Hero Festival will take place on Saturday, November 16, from 4-6 p.m., at the Boys & Girls Club of Laguna Beach (1085 Laguna Canyon Rd, Laguna Beach, CA 92651). This family-friendly program will feature live performances, art activities and screenings of short films that feature local heroes and interests.

This year’s festival coincides with the International Day of Tolerance, designated by the United Nations. Audrey Azoulay, director-general of the UN’s educational branch UNESCO, said, “Tolerance is an act of humanity, which we must nurture and enact each in our own lives every day, to rejoice in the diversity that makes us strong and the values that bring us together.” To honor the day, MY HERO is calling for local nominations of heroes who are working for peace and tolerance. Nominations can be made by signing the MY HERO Guestbook or by emailing [email protected]

The MY HERO Project (myhero.com), a Laguna Beach-based organization with a mission to celebrate heroes from all walks of life, is working with students and staff at the Boys & Girls Club to prepare special presentations for this event. Other nonprofits joining the festival include Music in Common, Give a Beat, and Laughter Yoga. Media Partners for the event include Stu News Laguna and our local radio station KX 93.5.

MY HERO Media Arts mentors will work with students to create unique artwork and music and dance presentations. Rapper/hip-hop dancer and choreographer Trey Carlisle will help students at the club develop an original performance. 

Support for the Laguna Hero Fest comes in part from The City of Laguna Beach, The Boys & Girls Club of Laguna Beach, and The FOA Foundation. Please RSVP online. Tickets are free, and donations are welcome to support the ongoing work of The MY HERO Project.