Press_Release

CALL FOR ENTRIES – INDEPENDENT FEATURES IN DEVELOPMENT AT THE 2011 MY HERO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Wendy Milette
[email protected]
1278 Glenneyre, #286
Laguna Beach, CA 92651

Laguna Beach, CA – 8/22/11 – For the 7th year in a row, the MY HERO Project is celebrating the best of humanity on film at the MY HERO International Film Festival. If you have a film that celebrates a hero or an act of heroism, MY HERO invites you to share your story with a global audience. The festival welcomes films of all genres, including documentary, narrative and experimental films. Winners will be eligible for cash prizes of up to $2,000.

While the festival has traditionally focused on short films, this year in particular MY HERO is eager to expand its special category “Indy Features In Development.” This category is for documentary feature film projects that are in development, production or post-production, and demonstrate the themes of heroism and/or social and environmental activism. MY HERO will accept trailers, excerpts and/or short videos that illustrate the core elements of the feature film submission. Past winners in this category include Slater Jewell-Kemker’s An Inconvenient Youth, a documentary feature about young people combating climate change that is now being developed by The Creative Visions Foundation (http://www.creativevisions.org/projects/inconvenient-youth.html).

The festival is part of The MY HERO Project (www.myhero.com), a non-profit [501(c)3] global web project with a mission to increase environmental awareness, improve cross-cultural communication and promote peace and human rights. Since its beginnings in 2005, the festival has grown into an esteemed international venue for narrative, animated, documentary and experimental films for filmmakers of all ages and levels of experience.

Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony December 3, 2011, at the University of Southern California’s School of Cinematic Arts.

September 1, 2011 is the deadline for entries. If you project is online, just provide a link during the application process. Otherwise, submissions should be on a burned DVD in full QuickTime format.

For Festival rules and guidelines, visit out web site (http://myhero.com/go/films/festival_rules.asp). Or, click here Click here to be directed to an entry form.