2019 Ron Kovic Peace Prize Finalist Films

Films that highlight the issue of peace and those working towards a more peaceful world.

The following films are finalists for the Ron Kovic Peace Prize. Select your favorite and make a suggestion to the judges using the link below. 

Bullets to Books (Excerpt)

Produced by:Andy Truschinski, Gail Prensky, Sean MacLaughlin

A film exploring The Jüdische Kulturbund Project and the critical importance of peace in South Sudan.

The Nun's Kaddish

Luis ismael

A heart-warming vignette that portrays a true story of inter-religious kindness when a Nun observes a Jewish ritual. PASSWORD: CIP2019

Between Sky and Earth

Neha Nahata, Dibyajyoti Nath

In India's Assam, military heroes who have served the country are having to fight for their citizenship rights.

GUNS, BOMBS & WAR: A LOVE STORY (Trailer)

Produced by:Wonderland Entertainment Group

The first promo revealing the new Documentary, filmed around the World, about Violence and the State of War. One day, We shall have Peace!

Education in the Times of Demolition

Anwar Hammadin

Sateh al-Bahar youth visit the Khan al-Ahmar community, which is under threat of demolition and forcible displacement to make room for illegal Israeli settlements.

Click on the image below to select your favorite and make your suggestion to the judges.

Great Classroom Activity - Deadline December 10

View 35 minutes of peace themed films and recommend your class's favorite to the judges.

Learn about the Ron Kovic Peace Prize

Kovic Prize
Credit: myhero

About Ron Kovic

Produced by:The MY HERO Project
Ron Kovic is a best selling author, activist and artist. A decorated Marine, he was paralyzed in combat during the Vietnam War. Today, Kovic wields wisdom and experience as a champion for peace.

Ron Kovic Peace Prize Sizzle

Produced by:Hila Hamidi
Learn all about the Ron Kovic Peace Prize in the MY HERO International Film Festival.

Organizer created on 11/8/2019 6:55:59 PM by Wendy Milette

Last edited 11/27/2019 1:25:41 PM by Xenia Shin