ORGANIZER

2024 Dan Eldon Activist Award - FINALISTS

Enjoy these inspiring activist films!

Bridging Fragments

By: Sonny DePasquale
Rainforests are not only some of the most biodiverse places on earth, they also contribute to the world's climate. Around the globe, rainforests are threatened by human encroachment, and one of the most vulnerable species is sloths.

Ambassadors of Hope [Trailer]

By: Cassidy Friedman, Amber Allen-Peirson
Through Harambee Arts, a group of Kenyans holds space for children in Kibera slum to express themselves freely.

Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary

By: Dana Frankoff and Ginaia Kelly
Documenting the History of the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Foundation.

BYkids: ANOTHER WORLD IS POSSIBLE [Trailer]

By: Helena Marschall
Climate activist Helena Marschall, 20, helps lead a movement in Germany to get political leaders to act. And they’re listening.

The Africa’s Turtles Protector

By: KHadim Seck
Tomas Diagne, the director of the African Chelonian Institute is a true animal hero. 30 years of his life has been dedicated to turtles of all kinds, marine and land turtles.

GREEN SUPERHEROES 2030

By: Los Angeles Barea
Green Superheroes 2030 released an advance of their documentary. This film showcases the determination of young environmentalists aged five to seventeen to create a more sustainable world.

Activist films made by YOUTH

Birds by the Bay

By: Liam Renaud, Sofia Escobar, Steven Garcia Lopez, De'samuel James, Atticus Ha...

A BAYCAT Production - A film about hummingbird farms and a community garden based in San Francisco.

When the Devil Smoked in Paradise

By: Katherine Liao - Sage Hill School
In a city where the median home price is $1.8M and land costs $6M per acre because it is “The Safest City in America,” few know that tucked away in a hillock, a secret “All American Asphalt” plant is quietly belching 221 pounds of benzene and 1,800 pounds of formaldehyde every year.

Fridays For Future

By: DCTV Youth Media
A documentary film about Fridays For Future NYC, a climate organization run entirely by high schoolers.

The Perturbing Case of Pesticides

By: Miles Witte - BAVC Media
Research into the controversial topic of pesticides, magnified through the lens of those involved in the world of agriculture and farming.

Organizer created on 9/9/2024 2:37:05 PM by Wendy Milette

Last edited 10/1/2024 3:29:08 PM by Wendy Milette