ORGANIZER

Thank you to our interns!

Sarah Bravo
Credit: Sarah Bravo

Sarah Bravo

Sarah is a recent graduate from California State University, East Bay. She majored in art with a concentration in film and animation, where she developed her storytelling skills through various projects and assignments. Her goal is to create short films and hand-drawn animations with incredible stories. She enjoys collaborating with other artists on projects that inspire and address pressing issues. When she is not spending time working on projects, she loves to create realistic charcoal drawings. She has been accepted at CSUEB's Annual Juried Student Awards Exhibition as a featured artist twice, featuring her charcoal drawings.

Isabella Escalona
Credit: Isabella Escalona

Isabella Escalona

For as long as I can remember, I've been an avid enthusiast of the arts and entertainment. I was the kid who brought anything from an arts and crafts book to a digital video camera to school and would constantly work on projects about people and subjects that inspired me. I eventually enrolled in the Film & Television Production program at the University of Southern California, then later Narrative Studies, and I am currently set to graduate this upcoming spring. I am especially grateful for my involvement with the My Hero Project this year because it has given me the opportunity to share my passion for visual storytelling with our eager-minded, naturally curious, and ever-so-talented youth. The students at Ascot Elementary have reminded me of the thrill that telling stories brought me at their age, and it is so wonderful to see them emerge from our program with a better understanding of how stories shape the world and how important their unique voices are.

Stew Hvidston
Credit: Stew Hvidston

Stew Hvidston

I am a seasoned cinematographer and video editor, driven by a dedication to the art of cinematic storytelling. Holding a Bachelor's degree in Video and Audio Production from Indiana University, I possess over six years of experience in editing and production. My professional journey is anchored in the belief that compelling digital narratives possess the power to incite meaningful change. My goal is to craft content that raises awareness on multitude of environmental and social issues, with hope that it may inspire others to take action toward a better future.

Patrick Hetland
Credit: Patrick Hetland

Patrick Hetland

Hello, my name is Patrick Hetland and I’m a senior at Elmhurst University in Illinois by Chicago. I’m a video editor and am majoring in digital media with game and animation including video games. I’d like to learn animation, web design, graphic design, audio design, cinematography, photography, videography, directing, etc. with My Hero and be involved as well. I love movies, tv. shows, music, video games, sports, technology, nature etc. An interesting fact about me is that I’ve been the mascot at three different schools!

Josh Mejia
Credit: Josh Mejia

Josh Mejia

He graduated from HCC with Filmmaking - General, AAS. He joined the Houston Film Production Club, and he volunteered for the Houston Cinema Arts Festival. He is studying at Houston Christian University for Cinematic Arts BFA and a minor in Creative Writing. He joined the 48 Hour Film Festival and went to SXSW in 2023. He would like to move up in production to a studio and or company job. His future career goals are to do scriptwriting, directing, and editing to eventually make a short film and feature film.

Brandy Hernandez
Credit: Brandy Hernandez

Brandy Hernandez

Brandy is a screenwriting major at the University of Southern California. She loves film and music and one of her favorite hobbies is sewing!

Maria Alonso
Credit: Maria Alonso

Maria Alonso 

Maria graduated from Maryland Institute College of Art with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Illustration. She currently does work as a graphic designer and enjoys learning new creative skills like video editing and website design.

Sam Fredericks
Credit: Sam Fredericks

Sam Fredericks

Sam Fredericks is a junior at the University of Southern California studying Media Arts and Practice. He enjoys film photography and reading in his spare time. He is excited to be working with My Hero on their 2023 International Film Festival.

Wesley Duckworth
Credit: Wesley Duckworth

Wesley Duckworth

Wesley just graduated from Drexel University in June with a Bachelors in Film and Television and his focus is Editing. Besides editing, Wesley loves writing and drawing and has recently been practicing with more and more digital art because he is very interested in animation. Right now, Wesley is volunteering at My Hero and is helping with anything that is thrown at him!

Madeline Kirsch
Credit: Madeline Kirsch

Madeline Kirsch

My name is Madeline Kirsch and I am a Digital Media major with a focus in Digital Video Production at St. Petersburg College. I have spent the past 5 years working in digital media through Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and many other softwares! I have loved making videos since I was a little girl and I hope to be a producer when I am older! I spend most of my time coming up with stories I hope to bring to life someday!

Hannah Bodnar
Credit: Hannah Bodnar
Hannah Bodnar
Hannah Bodnar lives in Massachusetts and is currently a senior in high school at Concord Academy. In her free time, she enjoys playing soccer and ultimate frisbee, writing and directing short films with her friends, and playing the tenor saxophone. 

Deanna Wong
Credit: Deanna Wong
Deanna Wong

Deanna is an upcoming second year in university majoring in Film and Television Production. She was born and raised in New York and found a passion in the arts at an early age. She pursued sketching in elementary school, photography in middle school, then film production in high school and beyond. With a strong background of photography and filmmaking, she hopes to create an impact on others through the power of visual arts.

Organizer created on 2/22/2024 1:53:25 AM by Rachel Priebe

Last edited 7/15/2024 4:43:09 PM by Rachel Priebe