Press_Release

Laguna Beach AAUW To Host My Hero Presentation

MY HERO Co-Founder/Director Jeanne Meyers will present Eco Heroes of Laguna Beach and Women Transforming Media at Laguna AAUW gathering

THE MY HERO PROJECT FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jeanne Meyers – Co-founder/Director
[email protected]
949-376-5964

LAGUNA BEACH AAUW TO HOST MY HERO PRESENTATION

Laguna Beach, CA – 10/09/15 - The MY HERO Project and the Laguna Beach branch of American Association of University Women are celebrating the short film, Eco Heroes of Laguna Beach and Women Transforming Media, a blog honoring women who are changing the world of media.
AAUW will host a presentation by MY HERO on Tuesday, November 17, 2015, from 2 – 4 pm, at Susi Q Community Center, located at 380 3rd St, Laguna Beach, CA 92651.

Women Transforming Media (WTM) is a joint venture of the two organizations, funded by a Community Action Grant by AAUW. Women profiled by WTM include:

• Dr. Eva Haller - activist, philanthropist, Holocaust survivor and mentor

• Abigail Disney - documentarian and producer of Women, War and Peace.

• Melissa Silverstein – founder - Women and Hollywood blog and Athena Film Fest

• Kathy Eldon - journalist, author, founder of The Creative Visions Foundation.
Jeanne Meyers, MY HERO’s Co-Founder and Director, will screen Eco Heroes of Laguna Beach, a documentary funded by the Massen Greene Foundation and the Laguna Beach Community Foundation that features several Laguna locals working to heal the ocean. Meyers will discuss the making of the film, share some of the highlights of MY HERO’s 20 years of service and offer a glimpse into MY HERO’s future plans. A Q&A period will follow.

Other speakers include Wendy Milette, Director of Media Arts Program, Xenia Shin, the MY HERO intern who helped produce WTM and Victoria Murphy, MY HERO’s Gallery Director.
The MY HERO Project is a 501(c)(3) organization with a mission to use media and technology to celebrate the best of humanity.  Through its award-winning web project (www.myhero.com), MY HERO honors heroes from all walks of life.

The American Associate of University Women is a national grassroots organization dedicated to empowering women as individuals and as a community.  Since 1881, AAUW has worked to improve the lives of millions of women and their families.