Anne Frank

by Alexa from Omaha

<a href=http://www.annefrankguide.net/en-GB/content/I%5B1%5D.1.1.jpg>Anne and her mother, Edith</a>
Anne and her mother, Edith

Anne Frank is a hero because she was optimistic, patient, unselfish and strong. For some, she has been someone to look up to. For others, she has been a victim of wrongdoing that will help to prevent the same tragedy from happening again.

She died unjustly. If she had lived, she could have been someone who was famous for her life, not her death. Well if she was alive these days or in the 90s, she would be so famous by her diary. Her diary was the book that made her famous. It talked about her life and the things that were happening to them, during the Jewish Holocaust.

She was born in June 12, 1929. She showed many characteristics of a hero such as: bravery, courage, faith, and hope. She showed all these characteristics in her act of surviving the odds as a Jew in the Netherlands hiding in a loft above her father’s office for many months during World War II.

Many people around her were also of the Jewish faith. Otto was her father. Margot was her sister.

<a href=http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/5/5e/180px-Anne-frank-grab.jpg>Margot and Anne Frank's Memorial</a>
Margot and Anne Frank's Memorial

The Frank family, use to lived in Germany. They moved to a city called Amsterdam, in the Netherlands. They moved there because of the Nazism going on in Germany. Anne was forced to attend another school and she attended a Jewish school. While those things were happening on the outside, her father was building their hiding place. In July 1942, the Nazis took over in full force, so they had to hide in the hiding place that her father build for them. There were some of their friends in the hiding place with them. They were hiding in that place until August 4, 1944.

<a href=http://www.annefrank.org/upload/Thematische%20verhalen/dagboek_voorkant.jpg>Anne's Diary</a>
Anne's Diary

Anne Frank lived all through the hardships and camps. But when she turned 15 years old, she couldn’t survive it any longer. She couldn’t take anymore of those hard years, living in those horrible places she’d been. She died from typhus in Bergen-Belsen, that was the horrible stuff that was going on. She died in 1945. Her sister died also.

The only person from the Frank family alive was Otto, Anne’s father. He was the person who found the diary of Anne’s. He noticed the drawer was open in the antique wooden dresser in the corner. It was the diary of Anne’s. The tears of sadness came down his face. He kept it safe. It was the only thing that belonged to his little one, Anne. Her diary was just a regular dairy, and just like a young girl would do. But her diary talked about how they lived when the Nazis took force.

Two years later, her diary was published. Her diary has been translated into 67 languages and is one of the most widely read books in the world. Her diary even talked about how her life was. And how her father was going to wars. (He went to World War I.) How she was forced to live by Nazi’s rules. How she and her sister attended school. How they lived in that hiding place.

Well if she was still alive, she would have been a famous writer and a great hero.