Abraham Lincoln

by Garret from Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln, Garret C. (I made it in art class.)

Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809. He was born in Kentucky. He was born in a log cabin. His nickname is Honest Abe. He died on April 15, 1805. John Wilkes Booth assassinated him.

Abraham Lincoln had a lot of success. He had a lot jobs and this is what they are: ferryboat captain, store clerk, postmaster, best trail, rail-splitter, and lawyer. He wrote his first book in 1825. He was a captain in the Illinois militia. He was in the Illinois legislature. He was a Republican.

He became president on March 18, 1861. He is the sixteenth president. On January 1, 1863 Emancipation Proclamation freed the slaves. He preserved the union during the Civil War. Union North did not want slavery. Confederate South wanted slavery. They couldn’t export cotton or weapons.

This is Abraham Lincoln’s impressive part in his life. Abe had less than one year of schooling. He knows how to read and write. He was the first president to have a beard. In 1863 Lincoln gave a speech to honor those who died in the civil war. This was supposed to bring the U.S. together.

The MY HERO Project - Impressions of a National Hero: Abe Lincoln