Andrea Bocelli

by Nima Hamidnia from San Diego

Andrea Bcoelli by a piano  (http://www.limelightmagazine.com.au/news/andrea-bo)
Andrea Bcoelli by a piano (http://www.limelightmagazine.com.au/news/andrea-bo)

Andrea Bocelli has been awarded 20 Awards for his beautiful and artistic singing. Although he is blind, that does not stop him from achieving his life goals and for him to continue his career in singing. He sings as a male tenor and has highly rated songs and albums. The early life of Andrea Bocelli was a bit rough and some unfortunate events happened to him that made him the person he is today. Andrea Bocelli was born on September 22, 1958 in Lajatico, Tuscany, Italy. At a young age he learned to play the piano,flute, and saxophone. Andrea Bocelli is my hero because he's passionate about his life and he is determined in what he does.

Bocelli is determined about what he does in life and his career, nothing can stop him from doing it. As Bocelli's home is Italy and his main language is Italian he is determined about learning other languages which is not so easy, but he does not give up and believes that he has a determination of learning to speak two languages. "I believe I have only one career, and that is a singer," he insists. "But I also believe one can learn to speak two languages"("Andrea Bocelli"). Bocelli is determined about music and being a singer as he says it in his interview, but he also goes on to say his opinion and belief of a person being able to speak two languages. That shows that even though he is blind and he's fluently Italian that is not stopping him to speak two languages showing that he is determined, no matter what the situation is or even what lifestyle he has. Although Bocelli indeed is blind he doesn't like to think that's his limit to stop him and this quote shows that he does not accept it. "But the "B word" does not seem to be in Bocelli's vocabulary, and he sighs heavily when it comes up. By now, you'd think he'd be used to reporters asking the inevitable: "Is your blindness an obstacle?"."Can we move on to the next question?" he protests. It's not that he's in denial about his blindness-it's just that he hates to be defined by it. "Why should I be limited to this?" he once remarked. "I do not limit myself"(Berk, Sheryl). Bocelli is fearless of the world's opinion of him In the interview he goes on to say that why should a person be viewed or labeled because they are blind. Bocelli saying that shows no matter what he is and what he does he's determined to his ideas and his dreams. It is difficult for him to maybe do a lot of things because he is blind and it's a disability, but to him he does not stop himself or even give up and because of this he just goes for it.

Andrea Bocelli is passionate about what he does in his life. Bocelli is very passionate about music and singing, he gets very happy and it is inspirational to him when he sees young people at his concerts."What elates Bocelli most about his success is the fact that there are often young children in the audience listening to his opera music. He told Schaefer, "Of this, I am very proud"("Andrea Bocelli"). Bocelli says in his interview after his performance about how when he sees children in his concerts that it's very important to him and that is what his purpose is and what brings him joy because he's passionate about influencing people on what he does. Especially young people because then they'll see if a person is blind or has a disability that doesn't mean they can't do anything but it means that they have to try a bit more and become more determined into what their doing and that influences and inspires the young a lot. Andrea Bocelli is so passionate about his singing career and music that he does not let any problems stop him from following what he wants to do."To finance his singing lessons, Bocelli continued to play in piano bars and worked as a lawyer for a year after college"(Berk, Sheryl). Since he is very passionate about music and singing when he did not have enough money and needed more to follow what he wants to do he played piano at the bars to pay for his voice and singing lessons to help him accomplish what he wanted.

Andrea Bocelli is my hero because he's passionate about his life and he is determined in what he does.As he says in his quote "You cannot live just with dreams," he explains. "You have to have something more concrete."(Berk, Sheryl). This is an Inspirational saying to me because I remember when I first started singing in a choir and how scared I was but i had so many hopes and dreams that I would be really good. If I didn't have something inside that me strong and to believe and take action into doing what I hoped for I would have probably never joined choir in high school. This also gives me encouragement about going through high school to soon graduate and go to college to achieve my dreams and find my career. Even though Andrea Bocelli became visually impaired from the age of 12, nothing stopped him from being determined and passionate about his career and his limits on what he can do. I will always know that nothing is impossible and that if I just put determination and find passion into it, even if I'm not good at it, that i can still accomplish it and be like Andrea Bocelli.