Amelia Earhart

by Va from Tiburon

My hero is Amelia Earhart the famous female pilot. She was born in 1897 in Atchison, Kansas. She had a rough childhood because her dad was an alcoholic. But that didn't stop her from wanting to fly.

Before she was a pilot she was an volunteer nurse because it was after the World War One. When she was 22 she took flying lessons from one of the first female flyers. Then she got a plane of her own but that was very hard for her because she had to get through all the laws that women couldn't fly, but she did it.

Amelia was a good pilot. She broke world records of the highest altitude for woman. After that she traded her plane for a car and went back to Kansas to see her dad. A couple of weeks later she got offered to be the first woman to fly over the Pacific and she agreed.

Amelia Earhart ( ())
Amelia Earhart ( ())

She began her journey with an engine plane. It was windy but that didn't matter, she kept flying. A few hours later a storm struck. She crashed into the Pacific and was never found.

Amelia is my hero because she is selfless, brave and determined. She was selfless because she gave credit to the people who supported her. She was brave because she stood up in front of men who said she couldn't do it but she did. She also was determined because she never stopped, no matter what they said. Amelia is inspiring because she is a role model for the people who think they can't do it but you can.