Please consider donating today
If you share our goals of shining light on the heroes in our midst and empowering people around the world to create positive change, please consider donating today. The MY HERO Project is a haven of hope — a gathering of inspiration and a celebration of the best of our humanity. Our staff and millions of people around the world depend on the help of people like you so MY HERO can continue to thrive for years to come. Thank You for your donation.

Amelia Earhart

by Jack from North Kingstown

www.lucidcafe.com (Aviatrix)
www.lucidcafe.com (Aviatrix)

Amelia Earhart, who was born July 24, 1897 in Atchinson, Kansas, might have died (disappeared) on July 2, 1937, near the Pacific Ocean. She had a great dream since she was little, and that dream is flying in the sky, and that dream came true.

She went to school at Hyde Park High School, graduated at Columbia University, but she stopped going to school because she wanted a career, and for that reason, she never married because in that time period, all the women were stay at home and take care of kids, but Amelia was not that kind of woman. She became a pilot, and she is the first lady passenger across the Atlantic Ocean by airplane, and she is the first lady to fly across the Pacific Ocean. But, pay attention, but, she disappeared mysteriously in the Pacific Ocean, somewhere around the Howland Island when she was flying across the Earth near the equator. People still haven't found her yet.