Amelia Earhart

by Asher from Nanjing

Amelia Earhart was born on July 24, 1897 at her grandparents house. She was an incredible girl from America. She was an engineer that loved roller coasters. She loved Airplanes a lot.

She made her own roller coaster with her Grandpa and her dad. She went on it and crashed into a shed. She made her own toy plane. She also built a tree house and she loved her tree house a lot. Her dad was a lawyer. She liked science a lot.

When she was 17 or 18 she lived with her sister in Canada. When she was in High school she went to an air show. She saw lots of planes. She said to her dad I am going to be a pilot when I am older and she got a pilot’s license when she was in College. She flew planes across the world. She flew from California to Hawaii. She crossed the north Atlantic Ocean in 1937 on May 20.

he is my role model because she has done incredible things and knew how to fly planes really well. She also did lots more incredible stuff. She was a risk-taker. She tried to cross the Pacific Ocean. And she disappeared in the middle of the ocean. She died at the age of 39 years old.

Ganeri, Anita . What would you ask ? Amelia Earhart . London British: Belitha press, 2010.