Please consider donating today
If you share our goals of shining light on the heroes in our midst and empowering people around the world to create positive change, please consider donating today. The MY HERO Project is a haven of hope — a gathering of inspiration and a celebration of the best of our humanity. Our staff and millions of people around the world depend on the help of people like you so MY HERO can continue to thrive for years to come. Thank You for your donation.

Amelia Earhart

by Tiffaney from Barrie

Close your eyes and imagine yourself in a solo airplane. Flying across the Atlantic Ocean and almost around the whole world you might even think to yourself, is that even possible. Well it is. In 1932 Amelia Earhart became the first women to fly across the Atlantic Ocean. And almost around the whole world.

Hi my name is Tiffaney Ganci and today I will tell you about one of the greatest pilots of all time, Amelia Earhart. Amelia Earhart was born on July 24, 1897 in Atcheson, Kansas. She had a dad named Edwin Stanton, a mom named Amy Otis, a sister named Muriel and two grandmothers which she was named after: Amelia Otis and Mary Earhart.

When Amelia Earhart was seven her her sister and her neighbor built something that you and your siblings would probably never even think of doing. They didn’t build tree house or something for their dollies. They built a roller coaster with a hill as steep as some roller coasters we have in amusement parks now. Just like we do now Amelia Earhart went to high school at Hyde Park secondary school.

As Amelia Earhart got older she started flying lessons. And the more she flew, the more she wanted to take off and go on a journey and in 1932 she completed her first amazing journey. Because of her amazing accomplishments her nickname was Lady Lindy.

I think that the three main characteristics of my hero are bravery, persistence and strong. Bravery because she was brave enough to keep going not knowing what lies ahead. Persistent because she kept going when times got tough. And strength because when times got touchy, she was strong enough to keep going.

By: Tiffaney Ganci