Albert Einstein

by Anna from Eden Prairie

Albert Einstein drawing  (mlahanas.com)
Albert Einstein drawing (mlahanas.com)

Albert Einstein was a great theoretical physicist who thought of at least three hundred scientific and one hundred fifty non-scientific works. He was born March 14, 1879. He died on April 18, 1955. Einstein lived in Germany, Italy, Switzerland, and the USA throughout his life.

Einstein's father's name was Hermann Einstein. Einstein's mother's name was Pauline Einstein. Hermann was also a great mathematician. He mostly studied direct current. Pauline was more of a music person. She even taught Albert, at age six, how to play the violin. Einstein went to Catholic school from age five to age ten. Some of Einstein's teachers thought that he had a disability because he constantly asked questions. He did not have a disability. Later when Einstein was a teenager, he tried out for a school called the Polytechnische Schule. He took an extra hard test which he failed, although he got good marks in mathematics and physics. Then Albert’s parents sent him to finish secondary school. Then he went to Polytechnic and that is where he started learning more about math and physics. That is also where he met his future wife.

Albert Einstein thought of mathematics and physics for almost his whole life. He gave people something to think about, something else to know. Einstein is important to me because he invented tons of new mathematics and physics ideas, and it would be really cool to do or learn what he did. I would have been really honored to meet him, and tell him how important and inspiring he is to me in my life.

Einstein and a women named Mileva Maric had a daughter in 1902 named Lieserl. Later, in 1903, Einstein and Maric got married. Then in May 1904, the couple's first son was named Hans Albert Einstein. Their second son was born in 1910, and named Eduard Einstein. Einstein and Mileva were a very good couple. They both learned mathematics. Some people say that Mileva was Einstein's inspiration. Unfortunately, Albert and Mileva divorced after Einstein was studying non-stop for five years.

Albert Einstein was a great hero to many, and also to me. He loved mathematics, physics, science and more. He loved to learn about them for his whole life and so do I.