Allyson Felix

by Amiyah from Newark

Allyson Michelle Felix (known as Alex Felix) (born November 18, 1985). She is an American track and field (sprint) athlete, who competes internationally for the United States. Her specialty is the 200 meters, winning the 2012 Olympic gold, two Olympic silver medals, and three world championship golds. She also competes at the 100 meters and the 400 meters distances, winning three Olympic gold medals as a member of the United States' women's relay teams, two at 4 x 400 meters and one as part of the world-record 4 x 100 meters team. Her three gold medals at the 2012 Summer Olympics are the most a female track athlete has won since 1988. Felix is coached by Bobby Kersee.

Age of 29. Born in Los Angeles, California, U.S. Height of 5 ft 6 in. Weight of 121 lb. Her older brother Wes Felix is also a sprinter. Also running the 200 m, he was the USA Junior Champion in 2002, while running for USC. Wes now acts as the agent for his sister. Her events are Olympic Games, World Championships, World Indoor Championships, and World Athletics Final.

Felix began to discover her athletic talents after she tried out for track in the ninth grade. Just ten weeks after that first tryout, she finished ninth in the 200m at the CIF California State Meet. In the coming seasons, she became a five-time winner at the meet.In 2003 she was named the national girls' "High School Athlete of the Year" by Track and Field News.As a senior, Felix finished second in the 200m at the US Indoor Track & Field Championships. A few months later, in front of 50,000 fans in Mexico City, she ran 22.11 seconds, the fastest in history for a high school girl.

At just 18, Felix finished as silver medalist in the 200 meters at the 2004 Summer Olympics, behind Veronica Campbell of Jamaica; in so doing, she set a World Junior record over 200 meters with her time of 22.18. Felix qualified for the 2008 Olympic Games during the 2008 Olympic trials in the 200 meters, but just missed qualifying for the 100 meter. However, at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, despite running her season's best time in the 200 meters at 21.93, Felix again finished second to Campbell, who ran 21.74, the best time in the decade, to clinch the gold medal. Felix also ran the 4x400 meters relay as a member of the U.S. women's team. The team finished first, giving Felix her first Olympic gold medal.

Allyson Felix
Allyson Felix

When I grow up I want to be a professional track star. That is why I look up to Allyson Felix. She is who I hope to be able to run like. Even through hamstring injures she came back stronger than ever. When she was younger she was bullied for being skinnier and taller then everyone but look at her today.