Anne Frank

by Jennifer from Des Plaines

Anne, Margot, and their father (www.telegraph.co.uk)

Anne Frank was born June 12,1929. She was born in the city of Frankfurt, Germany. She had an older sister named Margot. Her sister was born on February 16,1926. Her mother was Edith Frank Hollander. Her dad's name was Otto Frank. The Frank family had lived in Anne's grandmother's house for two years. Then in the year of 1927 they moved to a house on Marbachweg. Even though The Frank family was Jewish they read, talked, and wrote in German. Instead of saying dad they called their dad "Pim". In the year of 1933 Hitler came to power and they knew their life was going to change.

Anne writing in her diary (www.uweb.ucsb.edu)

The family moved to the Netherlands. They went to the city of Amsterdam. It was difficult moving to another country. Jews weren't allowed to use cars, trains or buses. The elderly and sick had to stay in Germany. They moved to the third floor of a house in Merwedeplein. They spent most of their holidays at a beach. Anne began going to school in 1934. When Anne began to write she sent letters to her friends and family in Germany. Anne occasionally visited her father's office. On her thirteenth birthday she got her diary which she called "Kitty".

Anne Frank (www.myhero.com)
Anne Frank (www.myhero.com)

By then the Nazis took over Amsterdam. Then World War II had started. Anne's dad quickly started building a hiding place. The family moved as soon as they could. In August 1944 after two years of hiding they were found. They were put in concentration camp and there they had their heads shaved. Anne and Margot both died because of typhus. Her mom died because of starvation and her dad was the only one in that family who survived. Anne was never married because she died at year fifteen.