Anne Frank

by Tia from Seattle

Anne Frank (drew it myself)
Anne Frank (drew it myself)

My hero is Anne Frank. She was born on June 12, 1929 in Germany. Then she moved to Amsterdam because the Nazis were taking Jewish jobs and breaking into their homes. That was not good for Anne and her sister Margot.

In 1939, the World War II started and they were worried. Her family went into hiding because they didn't want to go to the concentration camps. So they hid in a small room behind a bookcase for several years. They had little food and they had to whisper the whole time they were hiding. For her thirteenth birthday she got a book with blank pages and she called it her diary.

Then, the Nazis found where they were hiding and then took them to concentration camps. Her father and her mom, Otto and Edith, gave Anne an address to see her after the war. Her father and her mom got separated. Anne had to shave her head because the other people had lice.

Anne also worked for a long time at that camp with little food and little water. Anne and her sister died of typhus within days of each other at Bergen-Belson.

Anne is my hero because she went through all this and I can't even think of myself lasting one day of what she had to go through.