Anne Frank

by Macy from San Diego

Buddy Elias once said "I'm sure they will gain a different impression of Anne," (BrainyQuote ). This quote explains how Buddy wants people to see people's perspective of how her life was. Annelies Marie Frank was born on June 12, 1929 in Frankfurt, Germany she lived with her mother Edith, her dad Otto, and her sister Margot. The Franks were just a normal Jewish family living in a quiet neighborhood in Germany. But something happened that scared the Jews for life. Germany was changing in a very historical, cultural and political way. During the late 1920s and the early 1930s a man named Adolph Hitler and his group of people called the Nazis won control over the government in 1933. Otto Frank said, "I can remember that as early as 1932, group of Storm Troopers came marching by singing when Jewish blood splatters from the knife" (Bio). When Hitler became the leader of Germany on January 20, 1933, the Franks thought it was a good idea to leave Germany and move to the Netherlands. The Franks moved to Amsterdam, Netherlands, in late fall 1933. Anne described her family's departure in her diary; "because we were Jewish, my family immigrated to Holland in 1933, where he became the managing director of the Dutch Opekta, which manufactures products used in making jam" (Anne Frank). After years of enduring anti-Semitism in Germany, the Franks were relieved to once again enjoy freedom in their new hometown of Amsterdam. Anne Frank was brave and a great writer and this is why she is a hero to me.

Anne Frank and her sister Margot were brave because they placed in a concentration camp while they were in Netherlands. "I hope I will be able to confide everything to you, as I have never been able to confide in anyone, and I hope you will be a great source of comfort and support" (Anne Frank). This shows that Anne Frank was well beyond her years writing about the tragedy that was happening in the Nazi invasions. Weeks later, they went straight into hiding in a place called the Secret Annex. Otto's employees brought them food and brought them information about what's going on in the world. The families spent about 2 years in the secret annex. "It's utterly impossible for me to build my life on a foundation of chaos, of suffering and death" (Anne Frank) This shows Anne Frank possessed the traits of bravery and becoming a great writer as well as endurance and personal strength to get through suffering. For 2 years she lived in the secret annex. She lived in silence and fear. She wrote every day about her life and what's happening. Anne Frank possessed bravery and she was a great writer therefore she is a hero. She had to be quiet and live in secrecy for 2 years so that is what makes her brave and she faced Nazi Germany and Nazi invasions as well as became a great writer in history by writing in her diary every day.

Anne was a great writer because while she was writing she would hear bombs or screaming outside but that did not stop her from writing her story. "I've reached the point where I hardly care whether I live or die. The world will keep on turning without me, and I can't do anything to change events anyway. I'll just let matters take their course and concentrate on studying and hope that everything will be all right in the end" (Anne Frank). This proves that Frank showed creativity and a mindset of a survivor to get through terrible war and suffering. This shows that Anne saw what the world has become, and she chose to see what the world could offer .Anne wanted the whole world to be peaceful and she wanted her book to become more famous and guess what?! That's why I believe Anne Frank was a great writer.

Because of Anne's bravery she helped a lot of people her book helped a lot of people to she was doing everything she could not to get caught and I'm proud of Anne. Her family may have had a rough time but they knew they would get through this. Anne had a rough pass with Hitler and his group of people taking the Jews to concentration camps and leaving them to die. She thought it was horrible all night she had to hear explosions and she was so scared. It was always hard to stay in the Secret Annex for 2 years but she did it until Anne and her family got caught. There were 4 police in the house and they saw a movable bookshelf that opened and they saw the family and arrested them and took them on a train to Auschwitz death camp in Poland. Later in the fall Anne was moved with Margot to the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp in Germany. And they were suffering from deplorable conditions of the camp; the two sisters caught typhus and died in early March 1945. She inspires me because she was brave at what she did and she was a great writer. I want to become a great writer just like Anne. I hope someday I will that's why Anne Frank was a hero to me

"Anne Frank Quotes." BrainyQuote. Xplore, n.d. Web. 13 Feb. 2015.

Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 11 Feb. 2015.

"Anne Frank." Encyclopedia of World Biography. Detroit: Gale, 1998.

Biography in Context. Web. 4 Feb. 2015.