Anne Geddes

by Mikayla from Mission Viejo

Anne Geddes   (Google ())
Anne Geddes (Google ())

Anne Geddes, an Australian photographer, has mastered her art. I first became aware of her on the internet . I wanted a career hero that photographed people and I loved her work with babies, so I chose her to be my career hero. I love the way she is able to capture the babies so calm, and tranquil. She really expresses herself through them. She has a special gift, the way she can capture the babies at their best moment. She motivates me to become like her in the sense that, she is so talented at what she does, and she is so experienced. I don't want to become like her, in the sense of becoming a professional photographer, but in the sense of she loves what she does. That is what I want to do. I want to do what I love. She is loved by many, and she is talented in her field subject, because she knows how to handle them, and what works best for them.

Anne Geddes in her studio in New Zealand (annegeddes.com ())

If you are a self-employed photographer, you get to choose what you want to photograph. I would like to do photography as a hobby. In my free time I would want to photograph my family, my dogs, and landscape. The jobs can vary from photographing a family, to photographing a landfill. You don't really need an education, you just need a high school diploma, but the best way to open up new jobs, is to get a Bachelor's degree in Photography, according to the website, Education Portal. The salary ranges from $35,000 to $75,000. Some related careers could involve painting photos, painting in general, editing photos on a computer, or working in a museum dealing with photos.. Every year there is a change in jobs of about 5,900.

One of Anne Geddes photographs (Anne Geddes galleries on her website (Anne Geddes))

As a kid, Anne Geddes fantasied about babies. She loved them, and that was what drove her to become a photographer of babies. She was very patient, and kind. She had a way with kids, her parents would say. She took this and turned it into a career. She had all of these characteristics, but none of them related to school. She had no patience in school, she was not kind to her teachers, and she did not enjoy school at all. She dropped out of high school at the age of 17. Despite her setbacks with school, Anne Geddes still worked hard, and made a career out of what she loves. Even though she never completed high school, Anne became famous for her amazing photography skills. Anne started training for her career when she was 25. She started becoming successful in 1992. According to her bio on her website, Anne Geddes is still doing photography, and is enjoying life with her family in New Zealand. This shows that she can still be involved in her work, but she still has a life and a family.

A picture of Anne Geddes work (Anne Geddes Galleries (Anne Geddes))

Anne Geddes has made several contributions to society. She creates calendars. She has also written several children's books. In one of her book reviews, a mother "Anne Geddes creates images that are iconic, award winning, and beloved. Like no photographer before, her imagery captures the beauty, purity, and vulnerability of children, embodying her deeply held belief that each and every child must be protected, nurtured, and loved. Anne Geddes' photography has been published in 83 countries and has sold over 19 million copies." This quote shows that Anne Geddes is respected, and talented in her work. She has achieved a lot. She hasn't worked with any organizations, but entered her first art show at the age of 25. The name of the shows, and the dates are not listed, but were located in Australia, New Zealand, and the U.S.A.

While I don't aspire to become a professional photographer, I would like to become a good one and pursue it as a hobby. I think it would be fun, especially if I was good. To become a good photographer, I would like to take the photography class that is offered at my high school, Capistrano Valley High. In college, I would like to attend Brigham Young University and get my bachelor's degree. I am still not sure what career I would like to major in, but I would like to continue to take photography classes in college. Regardless of what I want to pursue, Anne Geddes is still a good role model. My personal career hero is an inspiration to young photographers. She shows people that it is possible to have a job you love. That is why I want to become like her. I want to inspire people. Anne Geddes took the things she loved, and made them into a viable career. She has a reason to get up in the morning. She loves her job, and doesn't wish she could change her career, that is my goal. Because of Anne, I would really like to get into a career that I love, and I want to be the best I can be. Anne has seen most of the world, because of her career. I would also like to travel and share what I have seen with the world through photography.

Anne Geddes' Website - Anne Geddes' website. Shows galleries, pictures, and her bio
Anne Geddes' Wikipedia - Anne Geddes' Bio

"I think the best images are the ones that retain their strength and impact over the years, regardless of the number of times they are viewed.' -Anne Geddes