Earthkeepers

Albert Arnold Gore Jr.

by Xavier from Fort Wayne

Albert Arnold Gore
Albert Arnold Gore

There are many people who stand up for the safety of the Earth, but there is no one who stands out as much as former vice-president Al Gore. He is an inspiration to me and many other people that are interested in conserving the planet for the next generation.

Albert Arnold Gore Jr. was born on March 31, 1948 in Washington D.C. His parents are U.S. representative Albert Gore Sr. and Tennessee senator Pauline LaFon Gore. Al Gore attended St. Albans School from 1956 to 1965 and then he was later enrolled in Harvard University in 1965. He graduated from Harvard with a Bachelor of Arts degree in government after realizing that an English major was not for him.

The Gore Family
The Gore Family

Before being sent to Vietnam on January 2, 1971, Al Gore married Mary Elizabeth Aitcheson (known as Tipper) on May 19, 1970. The marriage took place at the Washington National Cathedral. During his time in Vietnam, he was stationed with the 20th Engineer Brigade in Bien Hoa as a journalist for the paper called the Castle Courier. Gore later had four children; Karenna Aitcheson Gore, Kristin Carlson Gore, Sarah LaFon Gore, and Albert Gore the Third.

Al Gore won a Nobel Peace Prize
Al Gore won a Nobel Peace Prize

Al Gore won a Nobel Peace Prize for his film on global warming which was also an Academy Award Winner for Best Documentary in 2007. A Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album was given to Gore for his book “An Inconvenient Truth: The Planetary Emergency of Global Warming and What We Can Do About It” this year. He is a man that travels all around the country instructing others on the threats that can emerge from global warming and his attitude towards the subject is why I admire him.

Wikipedia - has plenty of extra information on Al Gore and global warming