Andrew Haddad

by Tatiana from Pickerington

A hero standing on earth
A hero standing on earth

My definition of a hero is someone who is bashful, kind, and humble. They get up after they take a fall and they stand tall and proud. A hero is wise and worldly and has a lot of knowledge and is willing to share. Heroes aren’t afraid of anything and are always up for a challenge.

A hero is someone who teaches you what to do.

I think it is important to have a hero because you need someone to teach you how to be a good person and try and do good. A hero teaches you things like perseverance, dedication, and many other qualities. A hero is someone that inspires you and shows you right from wrong. Heroes give you the courage to be who you want to be because they are who they want to be. A hero is someone that you want to be like. That is why I think it is important to have a hero.

My dad is my hero. He is my hero because he has been stricken down so many times throughout life but he always gets back up. He has a good heart and is never greedy; he always thinks of others before himself. He always encourages me to reach for the stars and he believes in me. He helps those who need help and doesn’t think twice about it. He is someone that i look up to and hope to be like someday. He is my inspiration to do good. That is why my dad is my hero.

A hero needs a big heart
A hero needs a big heart

My father should be in the greatest dad hall of fame because of his heart. His heart is made of love and compassion and he cares so much for every little thing. When I was little, I was afraid of spiders and I would always kill them. My dad told me that every little thing has a soul and to not take its life away. He knows how to come back after a fall because of all that he has gone through. He is stronger and wiser because of his struggles. I am always asking him questions and he always answers them, no matter how stupid they may sound. This is why my father should be in the Hall of fame.

Superman
Superman

Interview

1. Who is your hero and why?
Einstein. Because even though he was a genius he was also an extremely humble man and he had an affinity for the common man.

2.Do you consider yourself a hero?
Yes, because i have been able to adapt my life to difficult circumstances instead of giving up and i have never relied on alcohol or drugs as a substitute for happiness.

3. What is your definition of a hero?
A hero is someone who is able to take the road less traveled and doesn't follow a cookie cutter approach to life. Most of us are led through life like sheep, a hero is someone who takes the other road and says "what if?"

4. Do you think anyone can be a hero?
Yes definitely because you don't need grand gestures to become a hero. If you reach out to a lonely kid on your street then you are a hero in that kid's eyes.

5. What are the characteristics of a hero?
Compassion, a child-like wonder about the world we live in, a need to help others.

6. Is a hero born or made?
A hero is a product of family and culture. The heroic figure takes the knowledge they have accumulated and takes it one step further by helping improve the world we live in.

7. If you were a comic book hero, what would your name and your superpowers be?
My name would be Kaleb. Kaleb in Arabic has two meanings: its base meaning is dog and its other definition is love. So as a hero you are man's best friend and you also impart love, peace and understanding wherever you go. My super power would be to heal others.

8. Do you think characters in comic books and other references are hero's?
I think they form the archetype of what a hero is. A young boy reading a comic books see's a window into what superhero's are. Superman was strong and he could have used his powers for evil but instead he fought on the side of justice and good instead of taking the easy way out.

9. What is the anti-hero?
Someone who thinks only about themselves and has no empathy for others. To be a hero you have to care about others.

10.Do hero's exist in modern times and if so, who are they?
They are your neighbors, your teachers, even the garbage collector. Anyone who commits a small act of kindness is a hero. Plain and simple.

I respect Andrew Haddad because he is truly kind and caring and has a big heart. I hope to be like him one day.

Andrew G. Haddad was born in 1954 in Cairo, Egypt. He was the eldest of three children. He moved to America when he was 11 years old with his mother, father, brother and sister. He spent 30 or so years in different parts of California where he then married Tressa Haddad. They moved to Boston were Tatiana Haddad was born. They divorced and moved to Ohio were he now lives in Pickerington with his daughter.