Audrey Hepburn

by Bailey from Boca Raton

Breakfast at tiffanys
Breakfast at tiffanys

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only the words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” These are the words of one of the greatest hero of all time; Audrey Hepburn. Not only was she an incredible actress, but a humanitarian. She dedicated her life to making the world a better place for less fortunate children and was a courageous hero.

Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffanys
Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffanys

Audrey Hepburn was born in Brussels, Belgium on May 4th, 1929, when her dad was an English banker and her mom was a Dutch baroness. When they got divorced, Ms. Hepburn moved to London with her mother and was given a scholarship to a private ballet school. She then later followed up a modeling career.

Audrey Hepburn
Audrey Hepburn

Audrey Hepburn was an amazing actress. She had to prove herself that she wanted to be in the entertainment business by working for the best. Many women back then were not hired to be in any movies or plays at all. She however, starred in about 31 quality movies including- My Fair Lady and Breakfast at Tiffany’s as her two most popular productions. She was ranked 27th on the charts for the top one-hundred Hollywood movie stars, in 1961. Ms. Hepburn was a hero to most women in the USA and Europe who had a love for acting.

Audrey Hepburn getting award for UNICEF ambassador

Towards the end of the 1960s Audrey Hepburn retired from acting and made a decision to devote herself to helping children internationally. To achieve this goal, she donated most of her money to UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund) and helped bring water, rice, blankets, clothes, food and other products to needy children. She traveled to Latin America, Africa and Asia to help the children of each country. Ms. Hepburn was announced goodwill ambassador for UNICEF in 1988. To be given this award, she had to have a complete passion for helping others.

Audrey Hepburn helping children in Africa

Audrey Hepburn died on January 20, 1993 in Tolochnaz, Switzerland, from appendicular cancer. Though she was no longer alive, her legacy most certainly was. Her oldest son, Luca, wrote a book called the Elegant Spirit about his mom and made the Audrey Hepburn Children’s Fund to continue what she had started. He is also now continuing the work his mom did in each of the foreign countries. Audrey Hepburn will always be remembered for her beauty, elegance, heart and love for helping others. She is definitely a true hero to many people today. She did everything she could to make the world a better place by making a heroic decision. Ms. Hepburn could have retired from her acting career and lived in her riches. Instead, she decided to do what was right. Her life was incredible; an amazing actress and an awesome hero.

Audrey Hepburn - all about my hero
Audrey Hepburn - all about my hero
Audrey Hepburn - all about my hero
Audrey Hepburn - all about my hero

Audrey Hepburn was a good samaritan

hepburn, audrey . "Audrey Hepburn Biography." [Online] Available "Audrey Hepburn." http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000030/. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Jan. .