Allen Iverson

by Gael from St Jean de Braye

Allen Iverson (http://uk.complex.com/ ())

Allen Ezail Iverson was born 7 June 1975 at Hampton, in Virginia. He is an American basketball player. He played both the point guard and shooting guard position in NBA during his career. His name stays in the memories of the Philadelphia Sixers.

Iverson was selected in first position of the draft NBA on 1996 by Sixers of Philadelphia. He played for Sixers for ten years from 1996 till 19 December 2006, then he was transferred to the Nuggets of Denver, where he evolved during two seasons (from 2006 till 2008) before being transferred to the Pistons of Detroit. He signed then a contract with Sixers, franchise that he even if it means the end of the season for a last contract in Europe in the Turkish club of Besiktas JK1.

During his career, Iverson won many individual distinctions, one of which is the title of MVP (Most Valuable Player) in 2001. He took Sixers to the finales NBA the same year, finales which Sixers loses in front of Lakers of Los Angeles led by Shaquille O' Neal and Kobe Bryant. He was four times the best marker of NBA in 1999, 2001, 2002 and 2005.

My hero is Allen Iverson, he was shooting guard and point guard of Sixers of Philadelphia. He played in NBA from 1996 till 2010, then he finished his career in 2011 to the Turkish club Besiktas JK.

Allen Iverson is my hero because it is the player who made me play basketball. He amazed me and that way of crossing the players opposite made me discover basketball. His dunks made me crazy. Simply put it is the player who rocked my childhood.

Complex UK - Allen Iverson