Angelina Jolie

by Alex from Bentonville

The definition of a hero to me is a person who is willing to put their life on hold to help another one in need. A hero is someone who connects with the person or place they are helping, about their culture and what the person is going through. Also giving what you can to help out whether it being money, food, or just their presence to give advice. My hero is Angelina Jolie.

Angelina puts her life on hold by traveling all around the world to give what she can. Not only is she an actress but she is a mother and a wife. She is married to Brad Pitt and together they have six children; Maddox, Zahara, Pax, Shiloh, and twins Knox and Vivienne. Three are adopted and the other three aren’t. Jolie has a very busy home life but she doesn’t let that keep her behind. She still travels from place to place to help with the starvation around the world.

Jolie connects with the people in the countries and gives them what they really need. Instead of just donating and going on with her other career, she stays and learns more about the countries which takes up a lot of time, which in the end was a huge benefit to her. She became the UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador. She had learned about the worldwide humanitarian crises when filming Tomb Raider in Cambodia. She had soon turned to UNHCR to learn more about troubled spots. She traveled to refugee camps and met with many refugees to help. By the end she had donated one million dollars to the refugee camps.

Angelina and Brad have their own foundation Jolie/Pitt; they are the type of people who put their money to something good and not waste it on expensive things that are worthless. Their money goes to something good. Giving money is just as helpful, but Angelina does more than that. Jolie had personally funded a foundation where immigrant children that needed legal aid even though they had no legal representation, Angelina had given 500,000 dollars for its first two years.

Angelina Jolie is my hero because she is a non-stop working woman, but she keeps going and giving. She has connected with the people all around the world and has gained worldwide recognition because of what she has done for them. Even though she has six children at home she finds a way to be with them just as much as she is with the rest of the world.

Wikipedia - more about her..